· Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public-sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.
Now we are looking for a Junior/Senior Database Administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of DB instances for DXC customers. The Database Administrators are working with the newest technologies on the market and are frequently trained on the latest products. Day-to-day operations include: working with business-critical databases, high availability solutions. Your daily challenges will include: monitoring, assigning and resolving incidents generated by our customer environments, implementing low profile changes that have been organized by the higher level of support, processing the common mailbox, communicating with the higher level of support in order to resolve more complex issues. You will work in an environment where quality and perfection are our major objective. However, we always work on deadlines, so planning is a core skill requirement. Working remotely from Bulgaria, you will be reaching customers from pole to pole.
· Provide day-to-day support for Postgres, Informix and other exotic DB databases.
· Understand and follow industry best practices and standards.
· Provide standardization and consistency across environments.
· Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience will be considered a plus.
· Experience with any of the following DBs: Postgres, Informix and other exotic DB databases.
· Basic understanding of different High availability solutions
· Strong work ethics.
· Strong prioritization and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated diagnostic skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Service oriented behavior
· Fluency in English.
· Team Player.
· Continuous learning and technical training opportunities;
· Great opportunity for professional development in the IT field;
· Competitive remuneration package;
· Medical insurance;
· 4 days additional paid leave (total:24 days);
· Food vouchers;
· Life insurance.
If you feel comfortable with the above mentioned requirements, please send us your CV in English.
This is to inform you that DXC Technology is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. DXC takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that DXC may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of DXC. DXC can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment.