AWS Solution Architect for New Business
To support new business for IT Services in the principal subject area of AWS Services. To solution, architect, cost and present how DXC can help clients on their digital journey with AWS. To engage in technical pre-sales activity under the direction of a sales lead and/or account manager. This is a critical and important role.
Territory applicable is mainly UK & Ireland but work in other regions may be required occasionally. DXC is centred in London but has many offices around the country and travel will be required.
DXC is a multi-national IT Systems Integrator and Outsourcer formed through the recent merger of CSC and HPE Services division to form the largest, independent global integrator.
DXC provides an independent, end to end capable, digital transformation business with global reach and scale. Able to take clients on their digital journey and support all aspects of that journey from legacy systems to the design and development of new digital technologies and applications including cloud, analytics and mobile. DXC has built strong partnerships with industry leading vendors such as AWS, Microsoft and Vmware to bring best in class solutions to clients and accelerate their transformation agenda.
You will be responsible for producing AWS architectural designs and cost/price estimates. You will liaise with clients at all levels as well as DXC staff and sales. You will have a solid grasp of IT cloud and platform services and technology beyond AWS to enable you to understand the AWS context within hybrid environments. You will have excellent communication skills; listening, verbal and written, able to convey ideas effectively and understand the client’s business imperatives. You are self-motivated able to work alone, in a team and provide leadership when required. You will have had hands-on experience in a delivery role where you gained knowledge of IT fundamentals such as networking, databases, storage, IDAM, security approaches and workload migrations. You have had experience of automation / scripting and have either development experience or have worked with development teams. I.e. you need to have a good understanding of Enterprise IT Operations and Architectures. You are comfortable working in a Pre-Sales environment giving presentations and conducting workshops when required.
You will be a mobile worker. Travel is required although you will also work from home or an office if one is close by. You will be expected to work flexibly to meet deadlines.
New Business Work
· Create AWS technical solutions including architectural diagrams and HLD.
· Ensure solution will integrate well. Describe and mitigate risks in the solution.
· Describe the solution in documentation and presentation formats.
· The solution will include migration and transformation of workloads to AWS.
· Present both in writing and in person to all levels of staff and client.
· Tailor presentation to suit the audience.
· Produce costings using DXC provided tools and metrics. Using experience and collaboration to fill any gaps.
· Deal with ambiguous situations and information gaps.
· Work in a team, acting with patience when under pressure.
· Effectively use the wider organisation to get the job done and optimise outcome.
· Contribute to and participate in solution governance activities.
· Support the sales lead and provide technical knowledge in early sales engagements
· Follow the sales strategy and contribute to its development.
· Seek to understand the client’s business and technical drivers.
· Listen to the client.
· Present DXC in general and AWS related capabilities specifically.
· Present as a trusted advisor with honesty and integrity.
· Able to effectively engage at all levels from the client’s engineers and developers, their managers (technical and commercial) up to C level on occasion and tailor presentations to suit.
· Identify and articulate the value proposition.
Whilst a highly experienced candidate is sought exceptions will be made, indeed encouraged, for exceptional, young high-flying candidates who are willing to accept a more junior role while experience is built up. This type of candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are exceptional and will show all the necessary traits described above, only lacking in some experience. They will need to have certification in AWS and/or strong evidence of architecting or developing for an AWS environment.
· Adaptable and Intelligent.
· AWS Certification, ideally at Professional Level
· 5+ years’ relevant experience architecting or building or developing AWS environments
· Able to demonstrate relevant experience and knowledge
· Able to build AWS environments and create Cloudformation scripts.
(Not a regular requirement but a necessary skill)
Initial interviews will be conducted by telephone. Later stages may require the candidate to present and discuss the presentation. Technical knowledge will be tested.