· Job Description:
About DXC Technology
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visitwww.dxc.com
The DXC Defence Business consists of a number of contracts, with both government and non-government organisations, providing a range of services and support to businesses in the Defence industry. The role of the Financial Analyst is to support the Account Manager in all aspects of their financial responsibilities, including forecasting and driving P&L performance, monthly close and ensuring balance sheet controls. This is a finance role with a commercial focus.
· Manage the month end activities for the business, including production of journals, variance reports, reporting packs to strict deadlines
· Investigation of financial entries for accuracy and completeness
· Ensure balance sheet values are accurate and appropriately supported
· Work with the business to produce accurate, realistic and considered forecasts
· Provide variance explanations between actuals and forecasts to identify any issues, implications and propose solutions
· Liaise with other Finance teams to support the contract on growth opportunities.
· Finance partner to Account Manager and Project Managers, providing advice on all financial issues
· Work with Controllership to ensure results and outlooks are reflective of DXC US GAAP policies on revenue and profit recognition.
· Support the customer invoicing process.
· Monitor third party costs
· Studying for formal Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACA etc.) or significant financial experience required.
· Microsoft Office tools – Advanced Excel
· System accounting tools
· Good communications and inter-personal skills
· Demonstrable financial and business acumen
· The successful applicant must be willing and eligible to undergo SC security clearance.
· Appreciation of accounting principles within a US GAAP enterprise
· Knowledge of the Government sector
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job.It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the scope of any potential assignments or client engagement.
DXC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.