· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Performs highly complex testing and analyzes network systems development including integration, systems testing, interoperability testing, field test plans and customer acceptance plans to maintain the credibility/viability of the system.
· Investigates and resolves operational matters of significance in conjunction with other engineering and technical support to ensure cost effective and efficient resolution of problems.
· Designs, develops, implements and maintains test processes and diagnostic programs for the most complex system testing. Completes specifications and procedures for new products.
· Writes test plans for all levels of testing. Maintains records of test progress, documents test results, prepares reports and presents results to as appropriate.
· Works with clients to determine systems requirements; writes proposals to recommend process/program and follows through on implementation.
· Acts as liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items. Devises and applies testing procedures for products received from outside vendors.
· Participates with engineering management in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field preferred
· Nine or more years of network testing experience
· Experience working with computer systems and their uses
· Experience working with telecommunications systems and their principles
· Experience working with network management and protocol system testing
· Experience working with scripting languages such as TCL, PERL, HP, etc
· Experience working with data transmission protocols such as TCP/IP, etc.
· Experience working with operating systems
· Experience working with protocols and technologies such as HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, POP3, etc.
· Experience working with network equipment: switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong time management, priority allocation and task management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
· Strong presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
· Leadership skills to oversee, mentor and guide less experienced personnel
· Communication skills
· Active in pursuing learning opportunities
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· May require shift or weekend work