Designs, communicates, and maintains technology vision and architecture for small information technology solution projects/programs. Provides technical and project/program leadership on small information technology infrastructure engagements.
Essential Job Functions
· Delivers technological requirements such as server, desktop, local service, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, data centers, mainframes, small server configuration, and backup services for small technology engagements, to meet business needs.
· Provides technical expertise and guidance; participates in design reviews; validates technology approach and associated work products on small projects to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
· Captures technical requirements and defines technology solutions; creates the conceptual, logical and physical design of the solution to ensure appropriate technology is acquired and implemented.
· Works with team members, on-site consultants, partners, companies, third parties, and clients to define, develop and deploy technology solutions on small projects or engagements.
· Assists client in defining strategic technology direction for solution. Provides input in selecting business application packages and vendors.
· Evaluates technologies and determines strengths and weaknesses of technology architecture, implementation and suitability; recommends solutions to ensure consistency with the company vision.
· Works on project life cycle from requirements through design, implementation, and support to ensure implementation of appropriate technology in every stage.
· Researches technological advancements to ensure that information systems are continuously improved and aligned with industry and company standards; designs and provides updates to standards to enhance company solutions.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, or related field preferred
· Nine or more years of technical consulting or computer science experience
· Experience working with technology industry and architecture
· Experience working with technical products, vendors, and families of technology
· Experience working with mainframes, scheduling software, and other related technologies
· Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting knowledge
· Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Good communication skills to communicate with clients, support personnel, and management
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Good interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and management
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· May require evening or weekend work