· Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
Housekeeper is a system that provides OFFICAL SENSITIVE, Virtual application hosting environment on multiple deployed points of presence. The system will allow military operations to communicate with and across services and UK agencies as well as with coalition forces.
An Engineer will be based on the DXC site to work locally as well as provide remote support to deployed points of presence. Required to provide system support and monitoring of servers and application and their associated network on a day-to-day basis. Providing support and on the job training to military personnel as well as guidance and advice on related matters.The engineer will work under the daily direction of the Operation Manager and weekly under the Housekeeper Service Delivery manager. High levels of skills are required and system-specific training may be given.
Must be a strong personality, good communication skills; be self-motivated and able to work on their own and in a team in sometimes very difficult circumstances under operational pressures.Strong technical lead and good team player with the ability to work under their own initiative within tight timelines and under operational pressure. To be able to direct and inspire a technical team whilst liaising and coordinating across multiple technical teams. To provide support towards CSI. To be proactive and forward leaning in the delivery of the service and capable to of delivering advice and support to other MoD team members. Capable and comfortable in knowledge exchange with and mentoring of MoD administrators.
Candidates must be UK citizens and have DV Clearance. If not, must be prepared to apply for DV clearance if accepted for the role. Must be prepared to deploy to remote sites within or outside of UK pending agreements on the deployment.
· Provide 3/4th line administrator support remotely for deployed locations
· To be deployable to other deployed sites within mainland UK if required
· Required to be a SME in the essential areas.
· Good communication skills
· A strong personality
· Required to be able to function as the technical lead.
· Required to provide support, advice and provide recommendations to design change.
· Required to coordinate activities across multiple technical departments.
· Liaise with Service Deliver Manager as and when required
· To respond to and action incidents as per their prioritisation within Remedy.
· To respond to and action requests within Service Request Fulfilment.
· To carry out routine maintenance tasks on the Housekeeper system.
· To carry out daily system administrative tasks.
· To operate as part of a close team.
· To provide local and remote support to MoD administrators.
· To provide technical support to internal projects.
· To provide trend analysis of incidents.
· To provide advice and guidance on relevant issues and requests.
· To provide support to the ISOC Director.
· To provide technical direction to other technical departments.
· To produce Technical documentation when required.
· To contribute to the Service Management processes.
· To contribute Continual Service Improvement.
· To follow local governance and procedures.
· To liaise with external agencies in matter of design and support.
· To report to the ISOC Director when required.
· To be an ambassador for HP and ATLAS.
· MS Windows 2008 R2
· MS Exchange 2010
· MS SQL Server 2008
· VMware vCenter
· vSphere 5.5
· VMware ESXi
· MS Windows 7
· ITIL v3.0 Familiarisation
· Certified or experienced to MCSE 2008
· Production of technical documentation to a quality standard
· MS SharePoint 2007
· Symantec BackupExec
· Anti Virus – McAfee ePO,
· McAfee HIPs
· MS SCCM 2012