· Job Description:
3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Cobalt Business Park, Newcastle
The Roles Primary Responsibilities:
· Technical Assurance of Applications and significant Projects.
· Preparation, installation and configuration for testing.
· Creation of test strategies
· Working with the Customer (DWP) and 3rd Parties to resolve issues in failing projects
· Engagement with 4th Line architects to find/ identify route causes to failing projects
· Pro-active approach towards problem/incident resolutions in Pilot and Live.
· Confidence in working with internal teams and cross capability teams alongside Account and Customer engagement.
· Requirement to fulfill Ad Hoc tasks i.e. bespoke Software deliverables to User devices as part of Proof of Concept activities.
· Impacting of forthcoming technical Assurance work.
· Analysis on delivery approach for all releases to reduce / mitigate risk.
· Citrix - XenApp and XenDesktop, Web Interface, Storefront, Netscaler, Provisioning Services (PVS), Licensing
· Microsoft Windows Server – Server 2008 R2 through Server 2016
· Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
· Operations – VMWare, HyperV, XenServer, AppSense, McAfee Web Gateway
· Anti-Virus - McAfee EPO, Symantec Endpoint Protection
· Print Services – SafeCom, ThinPrint
· Powershell awareness
· Software Delivery tools SCCM and HPCA
· Directory / DNS / DHCP / ADFS /GPO’s
· General Networking understanding
· Knowledge of Exchange 2010
· UK national (dual nationals are acceptable).
· Happy to go through Security Clearance or already security cleared to SC level.
· Candidates looking to move into a 3rd line role or already working in a 3rd line role.
· Confident in delivering high level technical representation of issues; including conference calls and handle technical resolution.
· Passionate about technology.
· Natural problem solver.
· Ability to work with an Agile Team, being able to be self-driven and looking for continuous improvements.
· Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to understand requirements and design test plans that meet company needs with respect to functionality
· Experience in designing, documenting and executing test cases
· Review requirements for consistency and testability
· Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process and procedures.
· -Generous Family Friendly Flexible benefits package
· -Health and Dental Insurance
· -Company pension with employer contributions of up to 6%
· -Abundant Free parking
· -Regular public transport
· -Flexible hours outside of peak travel times.
· -Ability to buy and sell annual leave
· -Cycle to work scheme
· -Affiliated discount scheme