2017 Entry-Level Apprenticeship - Cardiff Delivery Centre
2017 Entry-Level Apprenticeship - Cardiff Delivery CentrePosition summary
What impact will you make?
Our Apprentices are here to shape their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you complete your apprentice qualifications.
Why Cardiff Delivery Centre?
The Cardiff Delivery Centre provides an extensive range of support for all parts of our business including Financial Advisory, Audit, Tax and Consulting and supports our client-facing staff in the UK. Apprentice roles available include specialisms in Risk, Compliance & Research, Business Administration and Customer Contact. Don’t be put off by technical terms such as Audit or Tax. All the roles in the Delivery Centre are in business administration and operations; we will teach you the skills you need for these roles.
Successful apprentices applying to the Cardiff programme will receive training to work in one of our teams, some of which include:
· Customer Due Diligence (CDD) : An internal risk management team with a range of work which includes managing our obligations to carry out extensive background checks and research on our current and new clients.
· Financial Crime Operations : Similar to our internal CDD team but working directly with our clients, typically in the banking sector. We carry out the research and information gathering requirements related to knowledge of their customers.
· Practice Support Teams : Internal risk management teams overseeing numerous obligations on our people and our firm to ensure compliance with regulations and to protect our business from various risks.
· Tax Centre of Excellence : This department supports delivery of tax services to many of our multinational clients with internationally mobile staff. There is a wide range of work, some across a range of clients and some with single major clients. It includes supporting the clients’ payroll, cross-border admin, tax forms, collation of information for individual tax returns, and reporting on the progress of work.
· Audit Engagement Support Centre : This group works across our Audit practice, supporting our client facing employees. They assist with delivery of the work on Audit engagements as well as many elements of administrative support during the cycle of work with our clients and in the bid process for new work.
The Cardiff Delivery Centre is growing with new teams and roles added regularly throughout the year. As an apprentice you will be provided with an opportunity to shape your career as well as gaining ‘on the job’ experience. You will be doing the same work as colleagues around you and will also be given dedicated time and support to progress your education.
Your experience whilst in role will help to develop the skills you will need and rely on throughout your career. Each working week can present different challenges across our various teams and apprentices can be involved in a variety of tasks such as:
· Conducting research, typically using IT systems and internet based research tools.
· Monitoring, managing and supporting the process for new client and new work acceptance.
· Preparing, checking, completing and sending the correct forms to be signed or checked by individuals.
· Mailbox or workflow management, with responses to queries and escalating to the appropriate team members when required.
· Data entry, following clearly defined processes, inputting internal or client data on to various systems.
· Liaising with external individuals or organisations to ensure timely completion of any regulatory work
· Producing client bills where appropriate.
· Providing advice and assistance to our internal staff and partners and/or external clients.
· Completing business administration tasks and other ad hoc duties as required.
Right from the start we’ll give you the training and support you need to become a success. As well as supporting your study towards a Level 3 City & Guilds Business Administration qualification, we’ll help you to hone your skills too through a range of training opportunities.
Study time will be factored in to your working week, enabling you to attend college during normal working hours and have the support framework to support your success. Apprentices will each have a designated Deloitte mentor at work, support from Cardiff and Vale College staff in the academic side of the apprenticeship and access to College facilities in their new Cardiff campus which is a short walk from the office. You’ll also receive an NUS card from the College.
With Deloitte, the formal qualification is only a part of the story as we provide a blended approach to training and development. This includes e-learning, classroom study, 1:1 coaching, day-to-day support and, as people progress, technical and skills training to help them develop further.
We can offer a permanent role with Deloitte in the Cardiff Delivery Centre on successful completion of the apprenticeship and opportunities to develop your career thereafter. Apprenticeship roles do not automatically lead to professional training but on successful completion of the apprenticeship qualification, candidates may be able to make an application to our BrightStart Apprenticeship scheme to work towards a professional qualification.
· Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or better, including Mathematics and English Language. See academic requirements
· How to apply
· Selection process
· Learning and development
Job family – Strategy & Operations (AJFGRAR AJFAAF AJFTAX)
The business environment is continually changing. Our clients face an ongoing challenge from new regulations and an ever-more complex regulatory environment. On top of this, they need to manage considerable economic and financial risks, stay competitive, and offer the best possible service to their customers.
We’re here to help our clients manage all this and succeed, by adopting the techniques and tools that work best for their business strategies.
WIN a £5,000 Inspiration Award
What inspires you? What lights your spark, adds that zing, makes your mind sing? Share your Inspiration to enter this exclusive competition for school and college students. Discover how at deloitte.co.uk/IGotThis
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size; it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax Consulting, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families .
Programme Rep: ELAPP CARDAPP RISKASL TAXSL FINASL AUDITSL
Requisition code: ELACARDDC17