Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We solve complex problems in real time, connecting millions of customers with thousands of restaurants and riders to deliver food in more than 200 cities in 12 countries. All in under 30 minutes.
We constantly innovate: whether that means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas, launching a Marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced, and on a mission to change the way people eat. It’s ambitious, but so are we. And we need more people like you.
Data Scientist, Service Optimisation
Our riders are the lifeblood of Deliveroo. As the demand for great food increases, so does the need for riders, making Service Optimisation an important function within the business.
As a Data Scientist, Service Optimisation in the Business Analytics Team, your primary mission is to build a comprehensive and robust toolkit to ensure we maintain the right number of riders on the road at all times.
· Maintain and iterate our fleet size forecast, which is mainly built in Python.
· Develop predictive models for rider churn and engagement.
· Collaborate with other analysts and manage stakeholders alongside developing technical solutions.
· Research, conceive and develop optimisation analysis to improve the efficiency of Deliveroo’s rider operations.
We are looking for engineers/data scientists who bring fresh ideas from all areas with strong technical skills. This role is ideally suited for a creative, highly motivated and career-driven individual who is excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and solve challenging problems. You'll be a key partner to other data scientists in our Business Analytics verticals - Service & Delivery, Marketing & Engagement, Selection & Pricing, Performance and Infrastructure. So that we can achieve our goals together - feed people 3 times a day. You will also maintain a similar relationship with data scientists in other teams, such as Product Analytics and Growth Analytics.
· A hunger for solving data problems, and for learning new techniques and skills whilst doing so.
· Numerical and with strong attention to detail.
· Fluency in Python, Perl, R or a similar scripting language, and in SQL.
· Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and convey mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· Experience using data analysis/data science libraries such as Pandas, Sci-kit Learn, NumPy and SciPy.
· Top academics with a Computer Science background and systems experience.
· Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby).
· Strong verbal and written communication, influencing and partnership skills.
· Knowledge of data management, data cleaning, machine learning, and analytics techniques.
· Working knowledge of visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope).
· Amazing HQ office located in central London with collaborative working spaces.
· Free Deliveroo Plus - free delivery and access to special offers.
· Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
· Maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
· Prayer room, nap room, and a stunning rooftop garden.
· Learning resources and support for attending/speaking at conferences.
· Discounted private healthcare, pension contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership.
· Friday lunches on us from all your favourite places.
· Summer and end-of-year parties, plus regular social events.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.