Job Title: Data Scientist, Business Analytics
· Location: Cannon Street, London
· Compensation: Competitive
· Closing Date: 28th August 2018
Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Data Scientist, Business Analytics
We are looking for engineers/data scientists who bring fresh ideas from all areas with strong technical skills. This role is ideally suited for a creative, highly motivated and career-driven individual who is excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and solve challenging problems.
You'll be a key partner to other data scientists in our Business Analytics verticals - Service & Delivery, Marketing & Engagement, Selection & Pricing, Performance and Infrastructure. So that we can achieve our goals together - feed people 3 times a day.
You will also maintain a similar relationship with data scientists in other teams, such as Product Analytics and Growth Analytics.
· A hunger for solving data problems, and for learning new techniques and skills whilst doing so.
· Numerical and with strong attention to detail.
· Fluency in Python, Perl, R or a similar scripting language, and in SQL.
· Experience using data analysis/data science libraries such as Pandas, Sci-kit Learn, NumPy and SciPy.
· Top academics with a Computer Science or Operational Research background and systems experience.
· Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby).
· Strong verbal and written communication, influencing and partnership skills.
· Knowledge of data management, data cleaning, machine learning, and analytics techniques.
· Working knowledge of visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope).
· Amazing HQ office located in central London with collaborative working spaces.
· Free Deliveroo Plus - free delivery and access to special offers.
· Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
· Maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
· Prayer room, nap room, and a stunning rooftop garden.
· Learning resources and support for attending/speaking at conferences.
· Discounted private healthcare, pension contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership.
· Friday lunches on us from all your favourite places.
· Summer and end-of-year parties, plus regular social events.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.