Description de l'offre
Deliveroo delivers food to hungry customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities. To ensure our continued success and international growth, we seek experienced data scientists to join our Algorithms team, where they will work alongside teammates from fields such as computer vision, computer science, operations research, cognitive neuroscience, econometrics, machine learning, and physics. Algorithms data scientists at Deliveroo collaboratively apply their diverse backgrounds to build intelligent machines that solve extremely difficult, mission critical problems, such as dynamic vehicle routing, incentivizing our fleet of riders, network load management, and personalization.
Job Title: Data Scientist, Algorithms
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 23rd November 2018
As a Data Scientist at Deliveroo, you will:
· Bring a combination of mathematical and scientific rigor, entrepreneurial thinking, and a hunger to build intelligent machines that drive the company forward.
· Learn and develop new techniques.
· Translate unstructured, complex business problems into practical, powerful algorithmic solutions.
· Design, execute, and analyze live experiments to test what you build.
· Work closely with engineers, product managers, and designers.
Some examples of the problems you might tackle in your new role:
· How can we solve dynamic, stochastic routing problems whose complexity is at or beyond the cutting edge of current theory?
· How do we most effectively combine routing algorithms with demand forecasting models, rider availability models, and restaurant scheduling models?
· How can we most effectively and automatically nudge riders to maximize their earnings while providing a delightful service to our customers?
· How can we dynamically price our service?
Deliveroo is a data-driven organization:
· The improved algorithms you develop will be A/B tested quickly and rigorously and you will have direct, measurable impact to the bottom line.
· PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Econometrics, or related quantitative field.
· Entrepreneurial attitude: you care about impact and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you build the right algorithm at the right time. You see your job as making that impact, not completing tasks.
· Proven track record of building effective algorithms at industry scale.
· Extensive experience with regression and classification modeling in a prediction/control setting, and strong grasp of the associated concepts.
· Experience with integer optimization, time series modeling, recommender systems, and experiment design are all useful.
· Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
· Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
· Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
· Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
· An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
· Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
· Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
· Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
· Regular team off-sites
· Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
· Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.