Description de l'offre
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We solve complex problems in real time, connecting millions of customers with thousands of restaurants and riders to deliver food in more than 200 cities in 12 countries. All in under 30 minutes.
We constantly innovate: whether that means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas, launching a Marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced, and on a mission to change the way people eat. It’s ambitious, but so are we. And we need more people like you.
Business Intelligence Infrastructure Engineer
As an Infrastructure Engineer in the Business Analytics team, your primary responsibility will be the development and maintenance of the ETL-processed datasets that sit within our data warehouse. These feed many of the human-lead decisions that are made every day throughout Deliveroo, be it via analysis, curated reports, or raw exploration via a BI tool.
You'll be a key partner to data scientists in our Business Analytics verticals - Service & Delivery, Marketing & Engagement, Selection & Pricing, and Performance - so that they can achieve their goals. You will also maintain a similar relationship with data scientists in other teams, such as Product Analytics and Growth Analytics.
You'll also work closely with Deliveroo's Data Engineering team, as much of the work you do will have upstream dependances on products they own, including our internally built ETL workflow management tool. Together you will lead the development of analytics infrastructure at Deliveroo, and be the key link between engineering and analytics.
· A hunger for solving data problems, and for learning new techniques and skills whilst doing so.
· A passion for crafting clean, efficient and reliable SQL code, and good knowledge of underlying database concepts.
· Good command of at least one other programming language (e.g. Python).
· Fluent in source control methods, like Git.
· The ability (once up to speed) to identify, plan and execute on key development projects with a minimum of guidance and supervision.
· Strong attention to detail.
· A big-picture mentality that ensures you are always thinking about a long-term vision, whilst at the same time balancing the short-term needs of your stakeholders.
· Be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with data scientists.
· Exposure to at least one BI tool (Tableau, Looker, Periscope etc.).
· Comfortable with concepts such as continuous integration and unit testing.
· API calling experience.
· Amazing HQ office located in central London with collaborative working spaces.
· Free Deliveroo Plus - free delivery and access to special offers.
· Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
· Maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
· Prayer room, nap room, and a stunning rooftop garden.
· Learning resources and support for attending/speaking at conferences.
· Discounted private healthcare, pension contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership.
· Friday lunches on us from all your favourite places.
· Summer and end-of-year parties, plus regular social events.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.