Engineer your career with us
As the world leader in metal packaging technology, Crown Holdings Inc. produces innovative packaging products to consumer marketing companies around the world. Our Food Europe Business is our largest rigid metal packaging business operating across 40 factories in 18 countries throughout Europe and Middle East.
Food Europe is now looking for a Specifications Engineer on a 24 months VIE contract ,based in one of our European plants, either at Parma (Italy) or at Seesen (Germany), within our Food Europe Engineering department.
Crown maintains a suite of databases that provide company locations worldwide with details of approved specifications for the manufacture of their packaging products. Crown is upgrading and standardising the Quality System Shopfloor Online from Lighthouse which keeps quality checks of all containers manufactured in Crown. Food Europe is working closely with the software developers to make sure the standardised system will provide better functionality and easier ways to keep records updated.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Collect all requirement for specification modification raised by a plant
- Ensure that the change is approved by the Cluster organization
- Check the specification modification will not affect other articles
- Fill the specification in Shop Floor On Line (SFOL) as per request
- Check conformity of the new specification with existing Engineering Standard for Manufacture (ESM)
- Define and develop with Central team, ESM Golden Plates Standard
- Define and develop with Central SAP team, Standard Products Codification
- Suggest ideas, action plan to make ESM system accurate and alive
- Audit ESM and SFOL to identify specification gap
- Suggest modifications in both system to close the gaps
- Audit SFOL specifications to control specification modification in the workflow is followed
- Train the plant’s users accordingly.
You closely work with the ESM team based at Wantage in the UK to start building the links between the 2 systems and identify, quantify and communicate other opportunities for standardization. You continue relationships within Crown Technology, businesses and plants to ensure customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have a Mechanical engineering background
- a previous experience of metal packaging manufacturing processes would be an advantage, along with strong attention to detail, good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and a flexible approach to changes in team priorities. A working knowledge of Statistical Process Control systems and analysis would be an advantage. MS Office proficiency is essential. Speaking fluent English is mandatory, German, French or Italian is a distinct advantage. Role will require travels to plants in Europe.