Description de l'offre
Colville Design is looking for an ambitious, sharp and organised Intern to join us to be part of our young eCommerce company focused on selling designer lighting.
The position would suit a recent design graduate looking to gain experience in a start-up business where you will be able to gain a complete overview of the company, with the role covering eCommerce, digital marketing and customer care. We’re looking for an intern with the view to develop the position into full-time role.
Joining the company at this start up stage will give the opportunity to get some great experience in building an online business from scratch, and among others:
• Working directly with the founder
• Interacting with suppliers (international/global design companies)
• Gaining an understanding of eCommerce technology and the industry
• Curating the marketplace lighting collections
• Collaborate with digital marketers and copyrighters
• Working at business plans, strategy creation and development of business expansion
• Working at B2C & B2B engagement strategies and customer care
• Delivering effective customer service to an English-speaking customer base
• Develop skills in online platforms such as Magento, Wordpress, Mailchimp and social media.
• Working on ad-hoc tasks across all functions (social media, customer service, sales & partnerships).
• Participating in meetings, contributing ideas and taking ownership of their implementation.
The ideal candidate
We’re looking for a design soon-to-be, new or recent graduate (or a career changer!) who loves to connect and help other people. We’re looking for excellent verbal and written communication skills, and someone who is a self-starter and web-savvy.
Entrepreneurial by nature, you get excited about new opportunities and don't want each day to look the same.
• Looking to gain experience within running a creative business
• Well-organised and goal-driven
• A self-starter with a solution-first attitude
• A keen eye for detail, and always looking to go above and beyond to deliver real results
• Working well as part of a team as well as individual projects, willing to suggest new ideas and take ownership of projects
• Highly flexible, adaptable and willing to learn
• Ideally enthusiastic and passionate about designer lighting, furniture and architecture
• Switched on and curious - you love a challenge!
• You want to understand the inner workings of a startup and get hands-on experience with a high level of responsibility and autonomy
• You are ambitious and have demonstrated entrepreneurial flair and tenacity outside of your studies
• You enjoy being part of a team and contribute positively to the working environment
Start date and duration
We are looking for someone ready for an immediate start, but would consider persons with a notice period. Experience is not completely necessary as full training is provided, however we are looking for a positive and dedicated team-player who’s ready to develop into the role and company.
The office is based in central London at WeWork Moorgate, which leads itself to a collaborative and creative environment with regular socials.
The internship is for three months, and a view to make it into a permanent position.
About Colville Design
Colville Design gives design lovers and professionals access to lighting pieces from top designers and brands around the globe, offering a curated collection and industry expertise. We market exceptional items with focus on innovation, the creative process, the material used and the story behind the piece and project.
We are continuously seeking strong relationships with brands and manufacturers to meet our customers’ needs, with customer care and engagement central to the organisation.