We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious interns who are interested in learning about languages. Our internship program has been running for 10 years and we have been able to offer many of the best interns full time employment at the end of their 6 month internship.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- coordination of interpreting projects from start to finish including sourcing suitable candidates, interviewing and briefing, negotiating budgets and deadlines, establishing schedules, assigning interpreters etc.
- monitoring projects to ensure acceptable performance standards are maintained
- coordination of resources and interpreting assets
- establishing and maintaining strong communication with customers and suppliers
- acting as a liaison for problem solving
- outsourcing linguists to complete language services projects for our Production department and assistance to project managers if and when required
- taking new suppliers through the registration process and testing them if and when required
- researching the market for new opportunities, offers, technical developments, events, pricing etc.
- providing reports to Sales, Production and Vendor Management departments
- negotiation and mediation
- quality assurance and adherence to ISO 9001
£650-£750 per month
As part of the Vendor Management Department you will be contacting a wide variety of linguists worldwide, English is usually a common language across all suppliers. This contact will be by email and on the phone so a high level of English is required.
We are a high-tech business in a high-tech industry so applicants should be computer literate and have experience in the following:
• MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Intermediate – Advanced
We use the latest Business Management Systems. Full training will be provided but applicants should feel confident in using and learning new technologies.
• Knowledge of CAT tools is desirable but not compulsory