Description de l'offre
The Claremont Project is a pioneer of high quality services for older people and we have built an excellent reputation over many years. We are a Community Arts and Therapy centre for people over the age of 55 based in Angel, Islington. We serve people from all walks of life and have 600+ attendances each week and over 35 classes and special events. We work in close partnership with other arts organisations such as Sadler’s Wells, Cubitt Gallery and the Royal College of Music. Our staff are extremely friendly, well trained and highly rated by those visiting us. Claremont is a very special place that gives people opportunities to shine and live happier, healthier, connected lives. Please visit our website to learn more about our work: www.claremont-project.org
This six-month internship offers the opportunity for people interested in working in Community Arts or related fields to gain experience and insight into the running of a dynamic community arts centre. In your role you will be expected to:
- Assist the Programme Manager and Centre Manager carrying out operational tasks (e.g. by supporting regular classes; setting up, collecting data etc.)
- Communicating with people using the Centre (including employees and external clients) at all levels about specific projects as well as general inquiries.
- Assist with general office tasks (answering telephones, filing, sorting post)
- Support the organisation of special events and trips (e.g. Christmas and Easter parties, cultural events etc.) through research and planning.
- Design and support activities to ensure that Claremont is reaching particularly isolated older people.
- Research, design and teach/facilitate at least one workshop or group (optional).
- Collaborate with the Centre Manager and Programme Manager to ensure the high quality of Claremont services (collecting member feedback on classes, suggesting ways to improve reception of members etc.).
Training and Support
- Full induction training for the systems, operations and organisational ethos of Claremont.
- Periodic meetings to ensure you are being well supported and the role is meeting your needs wherever possible.
- At least one training course/workshop (more depending on availability). Courses on offer include: CV/Cover Letter Writing, Health and Safety, and Mental Health First Aid.
What we are looking for?
- A enthusiastic individual who is creative and self-motivated.
- A good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You should also have a resourceful approach and a sense of humour!
- The internship is ideal (although not exclusively) for recent graduates in Community Arts, Communication Studies, Community Work, Social Work, Psychosocial Studies, Fine Art, History of Art, Performing Arts, Textiles, Facilitating Learning and Development Studies and other related fields.
- It is also suitable for someone who is enthusiastic about community arts and working with people over 55.
We ask for a commitment of 6 months, during which time volunteers work 2 days per week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays), from 9.30am-5.00pm.
We reimburse up to £8 in travel and £4.50 in lunch expenses each day.
How to apply
Please send your current CV with a covering letter specifying why you would like this position, by Wednesday 24th October at 5pm.
You would need to be available to attend:
- A group interview on Thursday 1st November, 3pm – 4pm
- We would like the chosen candidates to start as soon as possible, preferably the following week, subject to your availability.