This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and globally respected religious freedom research and advocacy organisation. As an intern gaining experience in human rights advocacy, you will work in our Brussels office. You will assist our highly experienced team of advocates, documenting violations of religious freedom and bringing the plight of those persecuted for their faith to the attention of EU governments and institutions, Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), the media and the general public.
Key responsibilities (full responsibilities listed in the application pack):
• Assist with the research and analysis of human rights (particularly freedom of religion or belief) information pertaining to a given country, region or situation, including developments at the EU level
• Assist with the production, maintenance and distribution of up-to-date resources for key decision makers, supporters and internal use
• Assist with the development of our Brussels-based social media presence
• Assist with the planning and logistics of fact-finding visits and visiting delegations
• Assist with the coordination of and follow-up tasks related to our cooperation with major partners in Brussels and elsewhere, in particular the European Platform on Religious Intolerance and Discrimination (EPRID) and the Human Rights and Democracy Network (HRDN).
CSW is a Christian organisation working for religious freedom through advocacy and human rights, in the pursuit of justice.
This post falls under Article 13 of the Belgian anti-discrimination law of 10 May 2007.
Closing date for full applications: Wednesday 16 June 2017, noon (Brussels time).
Interviews will take place at our Brussels Office on Wednesday 5 July 2017 and Thursday 6 July 2017.