In line with the F&B vision and mission, the Counter Manager leads an energetic and passionate team of people who are dedicated to creating experiences with our clients. Through a keen sense of business acumen, the Counter Manager is responsible for all retail activities that contribute to the brand’s image and leadership in the market by liaising with field, corporate and global functions. They are able to think 'outside the four walls' and take into account the entire client pathway, including the omni-channel context.
Team Leader : the Counter Manager guides their team towards achieving results and developing individual talents.
· Supervise the performance of the team, and guide towards achieving results and developing individual talents.
· Conduct Performance reviews with the team.
· Empower the team, give support and provide constant feedback on individual BAs during coaching or annual appraisals
· Partner with Learning team, provide coaching and mentoring in client experience, sales techniques, service flows, product knowledge & expertise.
· Monitor appropriate onboarding programs for all new hires by collaborating with Learning Team.
· Committed to the growth and development of the counter staff by creating career paths and succession plans with various business partners
· Facilitate frequent team and individual communication in order to ensure collective knowledge to all member of the counter staff
· Partner with Area Retail Manager and HR to proactively identify, address and manage any employee relations issues in accordance with the local Chanel policies and procedures and shares feedback on performance evaluation and appraisal
· Share the brand vision and the counter challenges, gives meaning and empowerment to the team while holding them accountable
· Create an environment rich with ethics, integrity and diversity, which leads to positive team collaboration.
· Consistently lead the team with examples as role model.
Business Developer : the Counter Manager embodies an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Drive sales to achieve daily/weekly/monthly goal. Defines, tracks and coaches traditional KPIs, such as AUS/IPT, etc. and is able to run additional analysis and reports based on local market conditions. Take appropriate actions to meet the KPIs. Engage oneself in client servicing and selling.
· Be committed to CRM KPIs and acts pro-actively to recruit, retain and grow client loyalty.
· Ensure all customer details and data are recorded and maintained properly under the destined company database via the company device. CRM data on each customer is kept up-to-date, in accordance to the policy on Collection and Protection of Company Data.
· Manage staff schedules, including day-to-day operational zoning to ensure floor coverage and optimal client service
· Communicate retail and collateral stock needs to all necessary parties as well as facilitates smooth operations of incoming shipments
· Assume responsibility for all loss prevention activities, such as in-store security and inventory management.
· Ensure all operational procedures regarding sales, returns, transfers, stock adjustments and all policies are followed.
· Supervise the utilization of SPM and ensure alignment to company guidelines.
· Manage counter financial activities, including the processing of weekly payroll and the adherence of budgetary guidelines.
· Has a solid understanding of the business environment. Monitor and follow up on the competition, business trends and client insight.
· Identify business opportunities and develop business initiatives in line with the brand vision and strategy.
· Provide constant feedback and reporting to Area Retail Manager in order to influence strategies and recommendations.
· Ensures the boutique is ready for visit/audit at any time and at all operational levels
Experience Creator : the Counter Manager creates conditions for a consistent and memorable experience.
· Set high standards in all aspects of client experience covering key elements of Art of Relation and drive the team to provide excellent services that can surpass client expectations.
· Lead by example on the selling floor by creating tailor-made client experiences, personalized for each client visit, using the CHANEL experience ritual and building long-lasting relationships
· Consider the omni-channel journey as a whole and helps the team embrace digital shopping trends
· Co-create stories with and for the client, sharing the brand culture and blending it with the client's personal story at the point of sale
· Facilitate the resolution of client service complaints, product exchange/refund, with a holistic approach so that each client leaves satisfied, regardless of which channel they chose to shop
· Leverage Client Satisfaction Survey results to ensure the team is creating unique and memorable client experiences, liaise with Learning team to address training needs
· Ensure team has tools/training to provide a Chanel client experience, provide flexibility to allow the BA to create their own experience
· Implement and ensure respect of visual merchandising guidelines throughout the boutique and guarantees that the boutique remains clean, tidy and welcoming at all times
· Implements and ensures respect of the uniform and grooming guidelines at all times
· Adapt animations and events for local clientele within the guidelines of the brand strategy and retail plan
CHANEL Ambassador : the Counter Manager embodies the values of the brand and influence the team.
· CHANEL Insider: has a solid knowledge of the Brand, its heritage, modernity and know-how on Fragrance & Beauty business and a general understanding of Fashion and WFJ businesses, is able to share it with the clients as well as the team. Shares it with the clients as well as the team.
· Implements all training received, being curious and proactive in self learning in order to nourish a global and beauty culture.
· Strategic thinker : Analytical and systemic, challenge the status quo
· Relationships focused : Collaborative, partnering and influencing skills
· Coaching ability to develop and empower people : Listening and empathy, feedback and motivation, performance management, delegation
· Performance minded: decisive, strive for continuous improvement
· Communication: share the vision to inspire and engage
Business Management skills
· Strong client experience mindset
· Planning, organization and change management skills
· Problem solving and dispute resolution skills
· Technology savvy and digital trend awareness with adequate computer skills
· Language skills (to be adapted locally)
· Curious, personal agility, continuous and self learner
· Self-awareness, self-confidence, and self-control/stress management, self-drive, commitment
· Enthusiasm, energy and motivation
· Open to diversity and cultural differences with positive attitude
· Appreciation for art, luxury and beauty
· Keen eyes on aesthetics and details, strive for excellence and continuous improvement
· Trustworthy with integrity/ethics
ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (to be adapted locally)
· Secondary School Graduate. University graduate a plus.
· Minimum 2 years retail experience in managing a team of no less than 2-5 members.
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.