• Work for the 5th largest IT Consulting organisation in the world
• Multiple roles available to join CGI’s growing team of local cyber Security experts
• Opportunity to develop your skills as a Security Analyst.
This hands-on role will see the successful candidates engaging in the day-to-day functions of a security analyst in an existing Security Operations Centre (SOC) responsible for our diverse client base covering Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) environments.
The ideal candidate will be someone with previous experience as a security analyst or having worked in an operational Service Desk or a Service Support (server, desktop or network support) role looking to cross-over into security.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) security monitoring
• Standardised security reporting
• Vulnerability scanning
• Penetration testing
• Access governance reporting for user access reviews
• Password vaulting for privileged accounts
• Security vulnerability or threat notification services
• Monitor security event systems for security relevant network and system activities to detect anomalies
• Conduct daily health-checks to validate status of customer security environments
• Standardised security reporting
• Access governance for user access reviews
• Security vulnerability or threat notification services.
• Incident raising and management, security incidents, requests for information (RFI) and requests for action (RFA)
• Recommend improvements in tuning and alerting for SIEM solution.
• Update security operating processes and practices
• Identify and escalate risks and compliance issues as appropriate
• Shift and on-call work will be required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The role is aimed at candidates that are looking to cross over from a technical background to a cybersecurity role.
Industry certifications and qualifications, plus any experience in the following is highly desirable :
• Security-related qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, SANS, ISO27001, CEH, CSX Fundamentals/Practitioner
• Familiarity with security frameworks (NIST, Mitre ATT&CK, AESCSF, CPS234)
• Vendor technical certifications (technical or security)
• ITIL/Six Sigma certifications
• Strong relationship building capability, with a desire to further develop your client management skills
• Project and programme related experience or qualifications such as Prince II, PMP, Scrum, Agile
• An Australian Citizen with an existing security clearance, or the ability to obtain security clearance.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.