Project Control Officer (PCO)
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Project Control Officer to work in our Global Wealth & Capital Markets group. CGI’s Wealth360 team delivers a sophisticated and flexible digital wealth platform solution that supports all facets of portfolio and investment management.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Track and assist with completion of deliverable reviews, contract deadlines, supporting documentation for client review and acceptance
• Administer contract management framework for complex statements of work related to the program
• Coordinate and manage projects effectively and ensure they are delivered on time, on budget, and to agreed quality standards
• Coordinate creation or receipt of change requests and responses and track and report on Change Requests status
• Financial Analysis including resource plans, time reporting, deliverable payments and billing corrections. Works closely with project managers and business unit finance team to manage overall program forecasts and budgets
• Assist in managing the P&L of the account including forecasting growth opportunities
• Coordinate associated delivery activities such as interim reviews with Client, final deliverable submissions and deliverable schedule management
• Identify and mitigate project delivery, schedule, and operational risks
• Prepare decks for Executives
• Administer and schedule meetings, workshops, travel and other team or executive events
• Meeting materials, minutes, action logs
• Participate in status meetings, report and communicate on status as appropriate
• Identify, analyze and escalate or a related field
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Min of 3 years of experience in PCO work on IT projects or other analysis roles in a consulting environment, with program (coordination for multiple related projects) experience
Min of 3 years of experience with financial analysis and strong experience with reporting, tracking, and understanding financial data where there are fixed price contracts/agreements that have multiple business units in place.
• Collecting and analyzing data, writing, facilitating, presenting
• Familiarity with project management methodologies
• Knowledge of contract management and legalities involved for change requests
• Confident with optimization of financial data: financial forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, understanding of P&L and interrelated cross-BU particularities
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Expert in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence
• Proven experience working on large projects
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Analytical Thinking
· Communication (Oral/Written)
· Microsoft Sharepoint
· Microsoft Word
· Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
· Time Management