ODI Data Developer
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations..
Your future duties and responsibilities
Responsible for development of ETL using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) and setup of processing structures in order to facilitate periodic (monthly/daily) loads.
- Responsible for supporting the ODI processes that continuously collect data from multiple public school districts, and subsequent integration of data into state repositories.
- Responsible for optimizing performance to support near real time data processing.
- Responsible for implementing data validation based on business requirements.
- Work collaboratively as part of the team responsible for the data collection applications to design, develop, and support the end-to-end processes, taking the lead on strategy and design of all ETL processes.
- Provide highly responsive analysis of issues to diagnose and resolve with sense of urgency.
Works closely with School Interoperability Framework (SIF) team and 3rd party vendors to ensure that requirements for data collections and operational calendar are met by the execution of ETL and scheduling solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Required Skills and Education
- 5+ years Oracle Data Integrator experience a must
- Proven experience in leading the design and development of ODI processes on data related projects is a must
- Experience developing complex ODI processes and complex PL/SQL code is a must
- Experience setting up proper data integration processes; ability to influence the team to follow new processes; execute the project to completion
- Experience in resolving complex data related issues
- Great communication skills with the ability to communicate with people of various backgrounds
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Self-starter and self-motivator with proven sense of urgency
- Knowledge of student information systems is a plus
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Oracle Data Integrator 5+ Excellent
SQL, PL/SQL 5+ Excellent
Strong attention to detail 3+ Excellent
Data integration process design 3+ Excellent
Strong team player 5+ Excellent
Strong written and
verbal communications skills 5+ Excellent
Proven attention to detail 3+ Excellent
Desired Qualifications/non-essential skills required
Experience with student data, school interoperability framework is desired, Oracle database skills would be a plus
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
student information systems 2+ Good
Knowledge of the SIF standard 2+ Good
development or administration 3+ Good
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Oracle ODI (Data Integration)
· SQL/PL SQL