Life Insurance BSA
We are Canada’s largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we’re still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst in our Life Insurance practice.
Working with a distributed team in Toronto and India, the Business Systems Analyst (BSA) works with both the client Business Analyst (BA) and end business users to solicit or clarify business requirements from end users and to transform these requirements into detailed functional specifications for use by the various development teams. The client’s technology suite includes .net, Java and mainframe applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Transform client requirements into functional specifications by application, secure client approvals as required, and ensure compliance with CGI quality standards
• Work closely with business experts, CGI and client technical staff, vendors and contractors to understand business and system requirements that drive the analysis and design of system enhancements and projects
• Review changes to existing business processes to ensure application changes are addressed to meet the client’s specific requirements
• Assist the technical teams in the preparation of the System Design Specifications to ensure the functional specifications are properly translated into technical designs for use by the developer
• Provide timely and accurate project reporting to the PM
• Provide support to the technical teams during the construction and unit testing phases as required
• Provide input into the overall test strategy for projects, and review test criteria prepared by CGI’s QA team for use during the FST, SIT and regression test phases
• Participate in project QA defect-triage calls, and assist as required in resolving defects
• Create and maintain various project related documents including but not limited to functional specifications, approvals and traceability matrices
• Generate accurate estimates for future projects and enhancements based on high level requirements
• Participate in project and functional team meetings
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• LOMA certification, or a willingness to work towards LOMA certification, is desirable
• 5+ years of general IT experience including hands on work experience as a Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst, developer or as a tester in a multi-technology environment OR 5+ years of Life Insurance business experience
• Experience in Technical Writing/ Documentation, Business Analysis, Test Criteria design
• Experience with XML/XML Schema and ACORD standards
• Superior analytical, investigative and critical thinking skill
• Experience with UML Diagrams and Entity Relationship Diagrams
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Life Insurance