Business Systems Analyst- AML
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will conduct functional reviews with stakeholders, gather requirements, document business requirements and create process maps of current and future state. The BSA will assess and analyze business needs to resolve issues, and will contribute to successful project completion by assessing and identifying risks and developing recommendations. The BSA may present recommended business solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder needs. Significant independent judgment is required with minimal direction. Project scope will include medium to large scale projects/ programs with several technologies and/or third parties.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Lead detailed requirement phases by identifying, tracking, escalating and/or resolving business systems issues
- Assess, research, analyze and document sponsor/stakeholder needs in accordance with the Project Life Cycle utilizing reporting tools, and requirements.
- Identify, track and resolve business systems issues
- Create or lead the development of detailed level process maps to facilitate requirements gathering, gap analysis and for training use
- Manage project documentation (implementation plan, issues log, process maps, reports, FTE analysis, etc.) and resolves emerging issues at the implementation stage of the project
- Contribute to successful project completion within budget and on time by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies
- Seeks input from the business by facilitating sessions
- Develop strategic training plan associated with introduction of new/ enhanced the business processes
- Provide assistance with business user testing, when required
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with business partners and internal/external team members
- Provide consulting services to business partners on new initiatives
- Identify issues and escalates/manages resolution as required.
What will you need to succeed?
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Specialization in Business, Finance, Engineering, Math or Sciences is desirable.
- Experience in all/most facets of project lifecycle; strong comprehension of project management methodologies; genuine commitment to project environment and discipline
- Experience in identifying and assessing key business processes
- Experience in Information Technology field
- Experience in financial services or AML
- Strong experience working in Agile projects, using Jira, creating user stories, and overall knowledge of the Agile Framework.
- Business Analyst designation – would be an asset.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure, business strategies and processes
- Lead discussions on detailed requirement phases identifying, tracking, escalating and/or resolving business systems issues
- Knowledgeable on business process modeling, process mapping
- Knowledge of IT delivery methodologies: Agile, Iterative Waterfall and Waterfall
- Write clear and well-structured business requirements documents, User stories if required.
- Advanced ability to resolve minor conflicts/issues using different tactics for prior to escalation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience/knowledge with desktop applications/suites such as MS Excel, Databases, SQL etc.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure.
- Business acumen
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Analytical thinker, detailed-oriented with good problem solving skills
- Results oriented
- Organized with strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Team player, cooperative with good interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills
- Coach others and provide constructive feedback.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Anti Money Laundering (AML)