Job Purpose and Summary
By submitting your cover letter/CV and completing a short questionnaire, you are demonstrating that you have an expression of interest in a financial role.
Canon Europe are offering a fantastic opportunity for a placement student to join our European headquarters for a period of 12 months. This opportunity is open to those who are actively seeking an industrial placement as part of their related degree studies. This role requires working within a small team to prepare the month end activities and analysis for the Business Units.
You will have the opportunity to explore new areas and develop those that you have studied, gaining invaluable experience of how the theory translates into practice.
We are looking for the successful candidates to join late July/August.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Support closing and analysis activities of the business-controlling department. Works to the reporting timetable and ensures timetables are met. Supports analysis of results for specific countries.
- Provides analytical support for the business units. Specifically, in providing information regarding the monthly results and providing analysis of such results in order to improve the sales and profit performance of the business units.
- Support the Business Unit Controllers in the management and control of the Business Units. Provide reports and analysis to highlight material variances against budget/target; identify trends and root causes of variances. Communicate key issues.
- Involvement in finance and other related improvement projects as required.
- Support the various budget and forecast processes to ensure the creation of accurate, realistic and achievable budgets within issued guidelines.
- Liaison with country finance managers, product managers, marketing & product sales departments.
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- University student currently studying Finance/Accountancy is required .
- Computer literate, with good understanding of MS Office applications (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Self-starter with drive to succeed under pressure. Confident, with strong interpersonal skills and able use own initiative.
- Proactive, independent operator demonstrating initiative and continuous reliability.
- Professional and customer service minded approach.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Able to prioritise multiple demands from multiple stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Understands and respects Pan European multi-cultural sensitivity.
You will need
A Curious Mind with a ‘Can-do’ attitude
Plan and Organise Effectively
Drive for Results
Focus on the Customer
Location: Stockley Park, Uxbridge, Middlesex
Closing Date: - please apply as soon as possible
• Annual Bonus scheme
• Pension scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Long service awards
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Enhanced company sick pay
• 25 days holidays per year
• Staff Purchase Scheme
• Subsidised restaurant
• Subsidised Dry Cleaning
• Ride to Work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible Working Policy
No Agencies Please
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.