Inspectorate, a world leader in independent inspection and analysis of traded commodities is, is part of the Bureau Veritas Group of Companies with clear vision and strategy designed to meet the challenges and demands of its’ shareholders, clients and staff.
Inspectorate focus on rewarding and training staff across the globe to develop a workforce who will act as ambassadors for the business and who will feel proud to be part of a growing and successful Group.
We are looking for people with drive, enthusiasm, commitment and integrity to join a global business with global opportunities.
Role : Site Maintenance Technician
Location : Witham, Essex
Salary : £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
The purpose of the role is to maintain and repair the site and site equipment in a safe, timely and cost effective manner, minimizing the impact of equipment malfunctions on the business; under the guidance of the M&M UK Facilities Manager.
· Routine and non-routine maintenance of Witham site and all site equipment within set SLA including; grounds & buildings, mechanical & electrical, heating and cooling and site effluent treatment plant.
· To carry out repairs within the scope of qualified competencies.
· Selection and control/management of contractors and site maintenance contracts within the scope of the Inspectorate International Health, Safety and Environment Policy under the guidance of the M&M UK Facilities Manager.
· To hold essential spares on key items of equipment to minimise impact to business.
· To ensure that all site statutory inspections are performed and maintain records.
· To sustain a high level of communication on all maintenance issues for example:
· On hold reasons and expected downtime.
· Work schedules.
· Issues and delays.
· Feedback on contractor performance.
· Observations that may lead to future breakdowns or HS&E issues.
· Current Electrical qualifications
· Comprehensive knowledge and practical ability in plant engineering, electrical bias
· Must be able to communicate and interact with staff at all levels.
· Must be able to work un-supervised, be proactive in approach and use own initiative.
· Demonstrate and apply knowledge of appropriate HS&E regulations.
· Electrical inspection and test
· Experience with heating and plumbing.
Personal skills and Competencies
· Flexible, innovative and creative
· Highly customer focused
· Self-motivated and keen to excel in role
· Available for early starts, out of hours working and weekend work.