Inspectorate, a world leader in independent inspection and analysis of traded commodities is, is part of the Bureau Veritas Group of Companies with clear vision and strategy designed to meet the challenges and demands of its’ shareholders, clients and staff.
Inspectorate focus on rewarding and training staff across the globe to develop a workforce who will act as ambassadors for the business and who will feel proud to be part of a growing and successful Group.
We are looking for people with drive, enthusiasm, commitment and integrity to join a global business with global opportunities.
POSITION: Laboratory Technician
PRODUCT GROUP Metals & Minerals Division,
LOCATION : Witham,Essex.
SALARY: £17,000 plus competitive benefits package
PURPOSE OF JOB :
To carry out duties to daily analytical requirements and to gain knowledge and expertise in analytical chemistry to produce results to pre-set targets under the guidance of the chemist/Laboratory Supervisor.
All duties to be carried out in accordance with Inspectorate International Ltd policies, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and the Company’s accreditation and quality systems.
· To develop good laboratory techniques and manipulation skills.
· To ensure that work is carried out in strict conformance with instructions, established methods and quality standard.
· To calculate and ensure results are understood and, when directed, checked.
· To gain knowledge of methods of preparation or analysis and to be able to follow them accurately under the supervision of the chemist.
· To learn and apply safe working practices, and to develop a full understanding of the application of the COSHH regulations.
· To learn and apply the role and importance of UKAS and ISO 9001:2000 in the Laboratory.
· To ensure that equipment is efficiently and effectively used, and where directed, maintained.
· To ensure that good housekeeping and a clean, safe and tidy environment is maintained in the Laboratory.
· Other duties as directed by the Laboratory Supervisor.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
· To assist the team leader to prepare samples and to produce analytical results to a high degree of accuracy and within pre-set target times.
· To report to the Supervisor on any deviation from, or failure of methods, systems and procedures.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· A minimum of four GSCE’s at Grade ‘C’ or above, to include Math’s and Chemistry.
· The ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
· Ability to communicate with Company personnel at all levels.
· Skill to work to a satisfactory level of mathematical accuracy.
· Ability to prepare and analyse with speed and accuracy.
· Ability to work in an organised and disciplined manner.