A passionate Fundraising or Events Intern is needed to plan, run and lead on various events nationwide.
· To achieve income and expenditure targets that will secure long term resources for the Charity.
· To design and run a programme of key/high profile activities and events to raise income and awareness for the Charity, managing all aspects of fundraising strategy.
· To conceive and develop new fundraising events.
· To achieve personal fundraising targets as agreed with the Volunteer Manager.
· To assist with the support of event participants (general public), and be the first point of contact for any fundraising enquiries.
· To assist with key areas of administration including data entry, record keeping and letter writing as well as to collate and send fundraising materials upon request.
Project and Events Management
· Lead on a programme of events.
· Lead other projects and partnerships as required.
· Negotiating best deals and obtain value for money.
· Develop a network of volunteers to assist on event days.
· Produce materials in conjunction with the Communications Team for all activities.
· Working with the Communications Team to promote all activities, highlighting supporter stories.
· Maximise fundraising potential on all activities.
The British Brain Bee is a non-profit organisation that promotes outreach neuroscience initiatives at schools across the UK. For the last three years we have been running an annual school student competition called the British Brain Bee (www.brainbee-uk.com
). We are proud to be the only initiative to provide a unique opportunity to help young people recognise how neuroscience relates to their everyday lives and their health as well as to show them why neuroscience matters.
The British Brian Bee aims and mission match the aspiration of government to increase science interest in local communities. In addition, we strive to:
Improve educational attainment because students will study a subject that demands for critical thinking and extracurricular learning
Increase awareness of neurodegenerative diseases which is the leading cause of mortality and morbidity currently in the UK. By targeting the young generation, right habits of lifestyle, food, and physical activity may develop earlier thus protecting or retarding the next generation from such brain diseases
Increase awareness of mental diseases common amongst teenagers like depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, including its causes, symptoms and treatments, leading to better ability to tackle these emotional and mental states better
Increase chances to get into the top universities through enhancement of UCAS application and increase employability
Equip students with a better understanding and appreciation of STEM and neurosciences in a national and international context
Develop their creativity, problem-solving and scientific inquiry skills, and make them better able to make informed decisions about STEM issues