The British Brain Bee is a non-profit organisation that provides resources to local public outreach neuroscience initiatives in England. The main purpose of the charity is to promote the advancement of neuroscience education from early years. We do this by organising an annual competition called the English Brain Bee. It is the only neuroscience competition currently running in the UK. We aim to:
- create an interest of students in neuroscience;
- incentivise students to participate in the annual English Brain Bee competition by providing various prizes to foster competitive spirit and a sense of achievement;
- provide students with neuroscience hands-on experience by running a 'spotter' examination during which student will have to identify brain structures;
- provide the opportunity to meet with neuroscientists and students who are studying this degree.
We are looking for event interns across the country to organise public engagement activities and fundraising events.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Plan, execute and lead on a programme of challenge events
· Lead other projects and partnerships as required.
· Negotiating best deals and obtain value for money.
· Develop a network of volunteers to assist on event days.
· Produce materials in conjunction with the Communications Team for all activities.
· Maximise fundraising potential on all activities.
· Support you with training and DBS check.
· References for your portfolio.
· Experience in events managements.
· Networking opportunities with the most influential scientists, policy makers and public engagement specialists.
· Invite you to team building events and regular meetings.
· Offer one to one support from your own Fundraising Manager.
· Support your on-going career with job references if requested.
· Reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses
· A great opportunity to be part of an amazing team and organisational culture, shaping a new charity that will make a big impact to the lives of young people.