Formulated products technology (FPT) is the largest technology organization in the BP group. We develop and deploy fuels and lubricants products for BP's Fuels and Lubricants businesses, providing quality assurance and product compliance. The role of Analyst, is an operational analytical role in a team of technical specialists and is responsible for the timely, efficient and accurate provision of experimental data while assuring BP's HSSE standards and procedures are followed.
United Kingdom - South East - Pangbourne
Is this a part time position?
· Carry out tests on lubricants, fuels and additives using a wide range of techniques to international standards and local procedures, to generate high quality and accurate results
· Take ownership of the test workload - prioritize and batch tests as necessary, requiring an awareness of customer requirements and businesses. Flexibility of response to changing priorities is key.
· Be responsible for daily running of complex lab equipment and apparatus, including setup, calibration, quality checks and basic problem solving
· Take an active role in achieving local and company HSSE objectives, in addition to responsibility for every aspect of the lab health and safety. Proactive in continuous HSSE improvement
· Actively contribute to the running of the team and the Analytical department, for example booking in/out and progressing samples between areas. Proactively assist colleagues as required
· Ensure that quality standards are maintained, always looking for opportunities for improvement
· Work closely with colleagues and the local area Technologists to achieve optimum performance and output
· Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiency gains
· Understand, with assistance, any Intellectual Property (IP) opportunities or threats which arise from the projects
· Balancing priorities of a wide ranging customer base and managing their expectations, whilst continually improving and developing areas of responsibility.
· Ensuring all activities meet BP's HSSE expectations.
· Assure safe operations in accordance with BP's HSSE standards and procedures.
· Proactive in continuous improvement of local HSSE standards and procedures.
· FPT core competency, HSSE Behaviour & Leadership : Awareness
· Diploma or equivalent is required.
· Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering (or a relevant scientific discipline) is preferred.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Formulated Products Technology (FPT) comprises over 800 staff world-wide. The Global Lubricants Technology (GLT) entity includes Automotive, Aviation, Industrial and Marine and Energy lubricant technology, as well as Global Product Stewardship (GPS). Global Fuels Technology (GFT) comprises Fuels, Coke, Bitumen and Hydrogen technology.
Pangbourne is the centre of a global network of fuels and lubricants technology centers around the world. Key lubricant product ranges include engine oils, brake fluids and anti-freezes for cars, trucks and motorbikes, as well as fluids and greases for shipping and industrial applications. Other major product development centers for lubricants are in Neuhof (Germany) where all BP's transmission and axle oils are developed, Naperville (US) and Mönchengladbach (Germany), where specialized industrial fluids such as cutting oils and metal forming fluids are formulated. In Wadala (India) the next generation of lubricants for cars, motorcycles and trucks is being developed. The Technology Centre in Shanghai (China) provides technical services for automotive, industrial and marine lubricants. Smaller satellite technology centers provide local technical support to the lubricants businesses and manufacturing operations in the regions.
BP's Fuels Value Chains (FVCs) supply transportation fuels to markets in North America, Europe, Southern Africa, Australia and New Zealand. In addition to the Pangbourne site, Fuels teams are also based in Naperville (US), Bochum (Germany) and Cape Town (South Africa), where they provide direct support to the regional Fuels Value Chain businesses.
Application close date
Research & Technology
Research & Technology
United Kingdom - South East