Additional Fourth Engineer
Corporate & Functions
BP Maritime Services is currently looking for Additional Fourth Engineers to join its growing fleet.
An Additional Fourth Engineer in BP is an important member of the Engine room department on board the vessel and is responsible for using their knowledge and skills to effectively upkeep and manage specialised equipment on board. Reporting ultimately into the Chief Engineer, the Additional Fourth Engineer is also responsible to maintain a culture of safety on board the vessel at all times, a value which BP Maritime Services holds in high esteem.
Singapore - Flexible - Singapore, United Kingdom - South East - London
Is this a part time position?
Yes - up to 100%
The following is a list of the key responsibilities which an Additional Fourth Engineer would be expected to undertake with BP Maritime Services;
· Maintain a UMS or an engine room watch as per the requirement set by the Chief Engineer.
· Maintain and repair designated machinery on-board, not limited to Firefighting Equipment's, Oily water Separators, Vibration monitoring, Pumps Etc and also ensure defects are reported in a timely manner.
· Maintain an accurate record of Maintenance carried out in the PMS and maintain the stock levels of the designated machinery.
· Oversee and manage the engine room ratings during their Watch.
· To undertake Bunkering Operations and assist in taking stores.
· To account for monthly Inventory as set by the Chief Engineer.
· Act as a member of the Shipboard Emergency Response and Fire Fighting Team in accordance with the muster lists and shipboard contingency plans.
· Maintain and operate ships Life Saving and Fire Fighting Appliances.
· To carry out ISPS duties in accordance with the vessel's Ship Security Plan.
· To undertake Jobs assigned by Chief Engineer & Second Engineer as required.
· An Officer of Watch Certificate from a designated Maritime Authority.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
· Holding Specialized Oil/ Chemical or Gas Training in conjunction with tanker endorsement where applicable
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP Maritime Services Singapore (BPMSS) was established in 2007 with the purpose of developing the best talent in the shipping industry and deploying them where the BP Group needs them – principally on BP Shipping's owned and operated international tanker fleet. Headquartered in Singapore and with partnerships in India and the Isle of Man, BPMSS employs over 1200 officers who run operations globally on board BP vessels as well as serve as subject matter experts for marine-related issues across the BP Group.
BPMSS strives for excellence through providing best-in-class training which is reviewed and coordinated by an established Performance and Development team in Singapore. This training commitment is underpinned by a competency assurance framework as well as defined performance criteria set by INTERTANKO and SIGTTO. The combination of open feedback and continuous developmental support aims to unlock our officers' full potential and build a solid talent pipeline. This process serves in creating opportunities for career progression, both at sea and ashore, and ensures BP has its own supply of future Marine capability.
Application close date
Singapore, United Kingdom
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest).
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View ourpolicy statement .
If you are a US-based applicant or you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran, and would like any type of assistance to apply or to access or to attend any recruitment or selection event, system or process, we would like to help you to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at BP US Application ,Telephone: 281.366.1999.
Read theEqual Employment Opportunity is the Law poster for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version )
Essential experience and job requirements
· A good knowledge of all appropriate engineering systems;
· A good knowledge of safety and emergency systems and equipment on-board;
· High level of verbal and written communication skills in English.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
It is desirable for you to hold a valid Dangerous Cargo Endorsement (Oil or Gas) or have completed a Tanker Familiarisation course.
Individuals who work in the BP European fleet are generally domiciled in the UK, Ireland or Poland.