The Acetyls Business Unit is one of the business units making up the Petrochemicals Strategic Performance Unit, within the Downstream Segment. It is engaged in the entire value chain from manufacturing through to marketing and sales, and is one of the world's leading manufacturers of acetic acid and its derivatives, operating globally.
BP Hull Site is the European manufacturing facility for the Acetyls Business Unit and is of significant strategic importance to the Global Business.
This role offers a chance to work in the technically challenging maintenance arena that can provide a rewarding and fulfilling career. Team work is a vital part of the role whilst also being able understanding and adapt to changes in priority.
United Kingdom - North East - Hull
Is this a part time position?
This role is an opportunity for the role holder to cover the full range of investigations and troubleshooting, planned repair scopes, preventative and predictive maintenance, and the installation of new equipment. This is all whilst leading by example as a role model for BP's leadership values and behaviours, fostering the development of a diverse and inclusive environment, with a strong 'speak up' safety and operating culture.
Within this there will be an expectation that you will:
· Carry out tasks as defined by your core trade (Mechanical, Instrument, Electrical, HV, Analyser) as well as carry out any task in addition to your core trade where you have the required competence e.g. lifting and slinging, pipefitting. Some trades will be given specific dual trade training e.g. Mechanical trades will be required to become competent in slinging and lifting;
· Develop building craftsman competence, and multi-discipline permit acceptance for more complex tasks;
· Carry out high quality job reporting through SAP failure reporting, lessons learned (particularly on repeatable tasks such as PM's), and feedback to Production Engineers on any inaccurate PM and master equipment data in the CMMS;
· Continuously seek, suggest and deliver improvements to drive the overall productivity and quality of maintenance execution;
· Facilitate the work of contractors and specialist technicians working on the site. Facilitate on-the-job training and guidance to less experienced apprentices, staff and contractors.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.
Application close date
United Kingdom - North East
Essential experience and job requirements
To work really effectively in this role you will need to demonstrate:
· Strong teamwork skills, contributing to the success of the team, fostering learning, sharing of ideas and building capability;
· A record of strong personal safety values and taking the lead in safety initiatives;
· Proficiency in standard computer software (Microsoft Office) and demonstrated ability to learn maintenance management systems or other system used within the research centre (e.g. SAP);
· Proven ability to work flexibly and autonomously as required; and
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)