Bouygues Travaux Publics is building two new nuclear reactors at Hinkley Point C in Somerset, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low-carbon electricity for around six million homes. Hinkley Point C is currently one of the largest construction project in Europe.
The Australian business is undergoing a period of exponential growth, following a run of successful PPP, D&C and EPC and O&M tenders in the major transport, renewable energy and building sectors. Bouygues is delivering the NorthConnex, Melbourne Metro and WestConnex projects and a number of large scale Solar Farms across Australia, and has recently acquired a building company to deepen its building capability in the market.
Poste et missions:
- participates in the preparation and organisation of the site as well as in the creation of teams.
- supervises and leads the team whose work he/she organises: checks the schedules, the efficiency and the quality of the production, safety, etc.
- ensures the execution of in-house Works of the structures, and/or supervises sub-contracted work.
- maintains and manages inventory (plant, equipment, materials) needed for the activities of his teams and ensures that reporting is carried out.
- transmits information to both his superiors and his/her team.
- helps to reach the required Quality-Safety-Environment standard on site.
- communicates to his superiors the necessary elements for daily checking of expenditure relating to his/her building, scheduling contingencies and detected anomalies.
- applies and ensures health and safety rules of the Health and Safety Plan are respected and participates in its updating.
- checks that the site is always tidy and clean in the areas under his/her authority.
- interprets, analyses, explains complex drawings and deals with the latest version of the execution drawings.
- can supervise or proceed with the setting out of the site using axes given by the surveyor.
- can draw up the diagrams and the bills of quantities needed for the execution of the structures.
- can prepare a simple work cycle.
can interpret and adapt the execution schedule.
- knows how to define his/her needs for personnel, tools and plant to ensure individual and collective protection.
- must draw up worker/day schedules in the case of in-house production.
- knows the materials, equipment as well as the standard techniques for the structure or the site.
- possesses basic notions of mechanical reactions of reinforced concrete and other materials, and has good knowledge of the principles regarding the stability of temporary structures.
- has elementary knowledge of finishing works techniques affecting his/her structure.
- Bac+2 Civil Works
- Fluency in English
- must be methodical, organised, meticulous and have common sense.
- must know site techniques and have a good head for figures.
- must share the values of the company and be able to pass them on.