About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner with various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business Line/Function :
Performance Management within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The jobholder will be responsible for local reporting by ensuring that the assigned Revenue management accounting and reporting is accurate and completed on a timely basis. Candidate will work to ensure the accuracy of transactional level details calculates and reports cost of risk charged to investment-banking activities and reports revenue at the client, business and contract levels.
All local reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
· Manage / perform reconciliation and control checks between revenues in management accounting & financial accounting systems
· Manage / perform adjustments in management accounting system for correct management reporting
· Ensure monthly revenues reporting (Flash/Actuals) & other related management reporting (Cost of Risk/European Central Bank reporting/etc) to Head Office are completed within pre-set deadlines
· Prepare monthly management reports & other related management reporting within pre-set deadlines
· Work closely with regional Meter PMs / Country PMs and Head Office Finance in analyzing business performance
· Manage the production process of budget and forecast exercises following HO and Regional PM guidelines
· Provide analysis and response to questions raised by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management
· Ensure the figures reported by the team are accurate and compliant with Head Office Management Accounting rules and principles
· Update, maintain and advise on monthly system parameters & referential (i.e. mapping tables) for management reporting
· Manage adhoc assignments as requested by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management.
· Perform sanity checks / high-level reviews of monthly and quarterly reports, raising questions to the senior reporting analysts for further investigation
· Review process documents and keep the procedures for production of all reporting tasks up-to-date
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
· Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Help formulate system enhancements for operational process improvements in production, control procedures and workflow to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Assisting in integrating and streamlining reporting under the team's responsibility.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· 4/5 years of experience in a global financial services company
· Prior accounting, management reporting experience desirable
· Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
· Working knowledge and understanding of Smartview/Essbase and MS Access desirable
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ideal candidate profile