Biesse Group is a global leader in technologies for processing wood, glass, stone, plastic and metal. It designs, manufactures and distributes machines, integrated systems and software for manufacturers of furniture, door/window frames and components for the construction, ship-building and aerospace industries. It invests on average 14 million Euros per year in R&D, boasting over 200 registered patents. It operates through 9 industrial sites, 37 branches and 300 agents and selected dealers, exporting 90% of its production. Its customers include some of the most prestigious names in Italian and international design.
Junior Field Service Engineer
JOB TITLE: Junior Field Service Engineer
REPORTING TO: Service Manager
BASIC SALARY: £18,000 - £24,000 per annum depending on experience (plus paid overtime)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The role will be responsible for the service of our range of technologically advanced CNC woodworking machinery in accordance with our planned maintenance schedule and supporting the installation and breakdown teams when required.
· Provide preventive maintenance to our customer equipment
· Ensure all necessary materials are prepared and provided to successfully complete the job required.
· Prepare and submit paperwork including EWO’s, timesheets and expenses to the Service department on a weekly basis.
· Attend training courses in our UK office or Italy as required.
· Understand their responsibilities in providing information in a timely manner to ensure system is updated.
· Ensure their work is carried out to the highest standard and actively reduce any required remedial work.
· Wear appropriate PPE and uniform as provided.
· Deal with customers in an effective and professional manner, developing excellent customer relationships to encourage repeat business.
· Comply with current internal processes and procedures.
· Take ownership of issues and work with flexibility according to customer needs, until the problem is properly resolved.
· Previous experience in a maintenance role.
· Basic ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, pneumatic schematics and mechanical drawings.
· Qualifications in an engineering discipline would be beneficial.
· Ability to prioritise workload whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
· Excellent Customer Service skills, both written and verbal with the ability to promote high standards of professional behaviour.
· Good ICT skills.
· Punctual and time-management conscious.
· Strong planning and organisational skills.
· Knowledge of CAD/CAM software is beneficial for some of the teams
· Clean UK driving license.