BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
Purpose of the job:
To champion and lead the growth of the BIC Lighters portfolio across both UK & Ireland in order to deliver yearly budget volume and value targets. This role is very focussed on trade-marketing elements with the core driver of growth in lighters being distribution and visibility in-store.
Product Management: Development, implementation and management of the full activation plans for the Lighter portfolio in line with European guidelines and in collaboration with local sales teams.
Sales interaction: Support, motivate and inspire the sales teams and sales customers to deliver the plans and achieve results
- Management of Marketing Budget
- Management of Lighters P&L
Market Development: UK: Development of the BIC Lighters business and increase in distribution points.
Customer Retention & Development: IRELAND: Management and expansion of the BIC Rewards Scheme
Market Analysis: Close understanding of the Lighters market (Briefing & Management of in-field research, analysis of research and data available, exploration of new channels...)
Production & Supply Chain: management of lighter availability.
Communication: présentations: Present at meetings as required including monthly management team meetings, quarterly town-hall meetings...
- Higher Education (in Marketing discipline preferred, but not essential)
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience (e.g. Marketing / Trade Marketing / Cat Man / Sales etc.)
- Fluent in English
- Ability to use MS Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
- Results oriented – a hunger to drive the business forward
- Strong Project Management skills – will need to work across multiple countries and projects
- Impactful communication & presentation skills
- ability to build a compelling story in order to motivate & influence others
- Creative mindset
- ability to think outside the box / be ingenious
- Team oriented with a positive energy
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivate
- Attention to detail is key.