HR ADVISOR – CASE COACHING
We currently have a vacancy for an HR Advisor in our Case Coaching team. This role will be based at our site in Portsmouth Naval Base with some local travel.
As an HR Advisor, you will be providing coaching, advice & support to Line Managers, Employees and their representatives across a wide range of ER matters. The role holder will promote a positive ER culture within the business, managing the risk associated with the more complex and high profile cases and meeting business requirements. This is a great opportunity for a generalist HR Advisor to move into a more specialised field.
Your main responsibilities as an HR Advisor will involve:
· Provide coaching, advice and support to Line Managers on ER cases across Maritime Services
· Establish effective working relationships to ensure that relevant stakeholders are engaged and informed at the appropriate stages in each case.
· Work in partnership with other members of the HR team to deliver a timely, accurate and effective Case Coaching service.
· Provide constructive feedback, coach and support other team members to ensure a collaborative, joined up service, and to inform continuous improvement of the team.
· Through coaching and support to assist line managers, Employees and representatives in a proactive manner to resolve cases effectively, and to attain consistency and compliance across the business.
· Provide balanced advice that is legally compliant & in line with company policy to managers , and employees in order to manage risk.
· Ensure effective working relationships are created and maintained including Business HR Managers and Advisors and Trade Union / Employee representatives, Occupational Health etc. who interface with the Case Coaching Team
· Work with key stakeholder groups to continuously improve line leader capability by challenging, influencing and supporting managers in a way that increases their knowledge, understanding and ability to manage ER cases effectively
Your skills and qualifications:
CIPD is essential for this role.
What we're looking for in you:
Resilience and the ability to work under own initiative. Ability to prioritise & manage a complex, wide ranging caseload. Stakeholder management & influencing skills are critical, as is the ability to apply judgment, identify appropriate solutions and interpret them for the business in question. Creative solutions are essential in this position so you will demonstrate excellent communication skills, ability to influence at all levels and to establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Maritime
Our Maritime Sector encompasses three lines of business; Submarines, Naval Ships and Maritime Services. We design and manufacture complex naval ships and submarines, as well as their state of the art combat systems and equipment. We also offer an array of associated services, including training solutions, maintenance and modernisation programmes to support ships and equipment in service around the world and the management of supporting infrastructure.
We employ a diverse range of people with the unique expertise to design, integrate and support platforms and systems; all focussed on understanding our customers' evolving needs, meeting their expectations and delivering on commitments made to them, wherever they are in the world.
We have significant growth opportunities across our three dynamic businesses with exciting transformation programmes running right through the next decade; strengthening our competitive advantage and developing our business as an employer of choice for our current and future employees.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and our aim is to recruit the very best talent and we welcome applications from a diverse range of people, from all backgrounds, with many different skills, experience and perspectives. We offer the flexibility you need to do what's important to you, whether that's part time hours, job sharing, home working, or simply the ability to flex your start and stop times. Where practical, we'll support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your full potential. Talk to us about Smart Working.