Component Engineering Technician
Would you like to have the chance to work with a varied and interesting product range? We currently have vacancies for Component Engineering Technicians at our site in Rochester. There are part-time and full-time positions available depending on your preference.
As a Component Engineering Technician, you will be part of a team of four, reporting to the Hardware Engineering Manager, whilst helping support on a variety of activities.
Your main responsibilities as a Component Engineering Technician will involve:
· Review and interpretation of component datasheets (e.g. electrical, mechanical, etc.)
· Database manipulation (e.g. data entry, performing database queries, etc.)
· Data mining (e.g. component manufacturer data trawls)
· Communication with component manufacturers and distributors
· Preparation of technical reports
· Creation of component symbols for use in schematic diagrams
· Cross-functional & cross-departmental liaison
· Work as part of a team to support the business needs
Your skills and qualifications:
· A keen attention to detail and accuracy of their work.
· Proficient in MS Office tool sets
· An ability to context switch and prioritise own work in response to multiple demands
· Qualification to A level, BTEC level 3 or equivalent in a mathematical, scientific or technical related discipline
An understanding of some of the following would be desirable for the role:
· Ability to under instruction analyse technical data and component datasheets
· Awareness with schematic capture or CAD tools
· Knowledge of electronic industry search engines (e.g. Silicon Expert, IHS Caps Universe, etc.)
· An acquaintance with Industry legislation (e.g. RoHS, WEEE, REACH, etc.)
What we're looking for in you:
You will have proven skills in personal communication and team working and be enthusiastic and quick to learn
Salary: £24,000 +
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People