We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €679bn in assets as of the end of June 2016. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 22 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM outsourced its middle office operations to SSB in 2004. As a result there became a need for AXA IM to set up an appropriate organisation to monitor the partnership. The function has been named Middle Office Control (MOC).
The Asset Servicing team was created as part of MOC to facilitate and control the integrity of front office positions. The fund managers require reliable, accurate and timely data in order to make decisions regarding cash and security allocation.
The Asset Servicing team (consisting of 5 people Including Manger) will liaise with other AXA departments including Front Office, Portfolio Control and Trade Management on a regular basis as well as with SSB and UK custodians.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of front office positions (corporate actions, cash positions, new monies, middle office valuations, transaction processing and stock and cash reconciliations)
- Assist with the delivery of ongoing projects and functional change within Operations as the company moves onto its own independent book of records
- Control and monitor CALIF (online corporate actions tool) and look for ways to enhance the automatic process and reporting requirements
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in processes and procedures
- Implementation of controls and creation of reports to facilitate the front office positions objective with an emphasis on reducing operational risk.
- Collation of decision on Fixed Income Proxy voting events
- Monitor the timely completion of custodian reconciliations and ensure economic positions are accurate and any out of tolerance discrepancies identified and escalated to Portfolio Control
- Collation and Coordination of class actions with the Legal Department
- Coordination of mutual fund dealing processes for UK funds
- Escalation point for fund managers, dealers, custodians, SSB middle office
- Knowledge of all major asset classes & investment structures (especially fixed income and derivatives).
- Good knowledge of the front to back trade flow and inherent risks
- Advanced skills in VBA/Excel.
- Excellent command of English.
- Prior experience with corporate actions an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail essential.
- Confident in dealing with the front office.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Must have a proactive attitude, a high degree of energy and ambition.