Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and efficiently in the IT world.
The Big Data Engineer is responsible for building and supporting complex Big Data solutions.
Your day-to-day tasks include:
· designing, prototyping and delivering software solutions within the big data eco-system
· working on big data projects worldwide, including cloud solutions
· being part of a team to improve data governance and quality increasing the reliability of client data
· being responsible for designing and building new Big Data systems for turning data into actionable insights
· being trained and mentored by senior team members on Big Data/Hadoop tools and technologies
· identifying opportunities for improvement
· being involved in developing solutions and iterates quickly to continuously improve
· seeking out and evaluating emerging big data technologies and open-source packages
· participating in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical partners
· using, learning, and supporting a wide variety of Big Data and Analytics tools to achieve results (i.e., Python, Hadoop, HIVE, Scala, Impala and others)
· using, learning, and supporting a wide variety of programming languages on Big Data and Analytics work (i.e. Java, Python, SQL, R)
How does it sound so far? Ready to start a new adventure?
Skills we can't do without!
Our ideal candidate should :
· be graduated (Masters' degree) or still student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (or related field)
· show a great interest in BIG Data area, Hadoop eco system, Linux
· possess coding skills such as SQL and Python and/or other scripting languages
· have some understanding and exposure to streaming toolsets such as Kafka, FLINK, spark streaming
· have advanced communication skills
· be open minded and have a positive attitude :)
· show good teamwork and interpersonal skills
· be wishful to acquire new knowledges and learn fast
· Proficiency in English (written and verbal) is also required
The position will be located in one of our office in: Warsaw, Wroclaw, Bydgoszcz.
Reasons to join us!
We offer work in international environment, a competitive salary package, private medical care, life and disability insurance. Interesting trainings and professional development programmers also available.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.