Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
Reporting through the Employee Relations reporting line into the Human Resources organisation, you will be responsible for providing operational HR advice and guidance across a specific business area across multiple locations. This is a HR role focussing specifically on absence management and provides a supportive and governance role to the specific business area to assist in reducing absence levels, providing support to employees and supporting and advising line managers in the day to day management of absence.
Responsibilities to include:
· Provide an effective and responsive HR service to the business, responding to issues and queries in a timely manner
· Have a detailed understanding of all absence cases and implementing proactive absence management plans within your area of remit
· Ensuring appropriate governance is applied by managers across the end to end absence process including support in implementing supportive action plans, Occupational Health processes and Income Protection processes
· Act as an absence policy expert and provide guidance to managers on all aspects of HR policies and procedures, especially absence related, and helping managers understand how these are applied within the business
· Provide training / workshops within your area of remit to enhance understanding of the process in the business
· Challenge and support business transformation in line with proactive absence management
· Build and maintain effective relationships with the HR Business Partners and the HR Service Centre to ensure that information and data are provided in a planned and co-ordinated manner
· Conduct ad-hoc training events where required i.e. Induction days, HR workshops
· Ensure all employee relations work is correctly documented and filed within employee records
· Strong HR Employee Relations experience gained in high volume, transactional environments
· Exposure to diverse and complex commercial businesses
· Knowledge or experience of transformation preferable
· Preferably CIPD qualified (to graduate level or at least working towards this)
· Significant experience of managing absence
· Excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail
· A proactive approach
· Experience of a “Blue Chip” organisation would be a strong advantage
· Mobility essential
This role will be working alongside a specific business area, in the Scotland region of the UK. You will be required to travel as each region includes a number of different offices which require support in this role. Access to public transport or a car will be essential for this position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.