Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
We are looking for a strong cloud engineer who will be part of a strategic initiative to enhance our cloud offerings. As a cloud engineer, you will join of a team that will build something from the ground up. You will make our product offerings easier to adopt and sell by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. In this role you will contribute and partner with cloud consultants, architects and cloud engineers. As a cloud engineer, you’ll be working with everything from automation tools to monitoring solutions and from VMs deployment, container deployment, big data and data analytics, cloud security, cost management and cloud operations.
· Deliver engagements related to assessing, refactoring and identifying opportunity for existing applications to take advantage of modern application architectures (e.g. microservices, containers)
· Participate and/or lead proof of concept development to assist in defining technology direction for our customers.
· Implement and scalable technology solutions to enable our customers to scale their operations into public cloud.
· Participate in Agile sprints and associated ceremonies
· Drive innovation and platform evolution
· Provide a detailed understanding of cloud software, platforms and/or infrastructure services and well-architected principles
· Be a strong technologist with pragmatic view and creative mind, and a natural collaborator with line of business architects, engineers, developers, application owners, service providers, and senior management
· Work with the cloud CTO to develop best practices, building a Cloud Center of Excellence.
· Hands on experience of cloud offerings and solutions (Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure)
· Ability to define infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform, Helm, or Ansible
· Strong practices of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
· Cloud related certifications (e.g., AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
· Possess breadth across integration architecture (API), orchestration technologies, systems resiliency, service support, application development lifecycle management and service delivery
· Experience being an administrator on a variety of Linux distributions
· Strong working knowledge of VMware, KVM or other virtualization software
· 1+ years in a DevOps experience
· Working knowledge of the SCM tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Salt
· Experience with managing and using automation systems and repository managers (Jenkins and Artifactory)
· Experience with managing and using Git-repositories (Gitlab, Github)
· Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
· Experience working with Containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
· Experience working with PaaS platforms like Pivotal, Cloud Foundry and OpenShift
· Experience with on-premise to cloud migrations or IT transformations
· Strong understanding of cloud security requirements, tools, and best practices
· Excellent knowledge of Big Data, Data Analytics, Database tools and technologies
· Understanding of cloud management tools and best practices
· A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Excellent communication skills with an ability to right-level conversations
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.