Independent Assessment Services delivered by Atos is an independent assessment provider assessing Personal Independence Payment (PIP) cases on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Our job is to help DWP understand how a person’s health condition or disability affects their daily lives.
Our team of trained Health Professionals includes registered nurses (both general and mental health specialists), physiotherapists, occupational therapists and paramedics. All our team are experienced practitioners and trained as disability analysts.
We deliver PIP assessments in Scotland, North East and North West of England as well as London and Southern England.
To find out more go to www.mypipassessment.co.uk
In this role you must be able to demonstrate that you meet our core values of integrity, teamwork, empathy and the highest levels of customer service that will ensure an excellent customer experience.
As an integral part of the PIP team you will primarily be responsible for the day to day running of one of our Assessment Centres (AC) supporting a team of Health Practitioners who conduct PIP assessments from the site.
You will be required to undergo and successfully gain BPSS security clearance in order to undertake this position.
This is a full-time role, based in Weston-Super-Mare;working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday and 8:30 am – 6 pm.
· Act as the front face of Atos managing the customer experience for all visitors and staff attending the AC, working at all times to maintain the highest levels of customer service
· Provide support to customers across a variety of activities e.g. answering general questions about the PIP assessment, assisting with enquiries on expenses claims from customers who have incurred costs to attend the AC
· Ensure the AC is fully prepared for the start of each day, in terms of equipment/supplies and general appearance – ordering supplies/equipment/stationary as required to ensure sufficient stocks are maintained at all times.
· Manage the appointment arrivals board ensuring systems keep up to date and in good order
· Management of special requests e.g. where a translator may be required
· Undertake the required identity checks with each customer
· General administration duties; e.g. answering the telephone, copying, documents etc
· Working with the scheduling back office team ( based elsewhere) to ensure the HPs diaries are fully managed with no empty appointments
· Provide general support to HPs based or attending the AC.
· Act as the site first aider (appropriate training with be given)
· Act as the local Health and Safety contact e.g. responsible for ensuring DSE assessments are completed for any Atos staff based at the site
· Act as the key point of contact for the HPs for any IT issues, ensuring they are escalated to the correct team, monitoring the issue through to resolution – escalating to manager if appropriate
· Dependant on AC location take responsibility for opening and securely closing and making safe the AC
· Act as the Local Systems Administrator ensuring local systems issues are initially resolved, documented and escalated to the Support desk if required.
Essential / Minimum Criteria
· You will be required to undergo and successfully gain a BPSS security clearance check in order to undertake this position.
· Understanding of claimants needs and appropriately responding in a caring manner when required
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution skills
· Excellent planning and organisation skills
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft office package
· Demonstrable influencing skills to support the delivery of an excellent customer experience
· Ability to maintain and develop working relationships
· Experience of working effectively in a customer facing environment
· Resilience and ability to deal with setbacks constructively and work to resolution of issues
· Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation is collated and correct,
· Work cohesively as part of a medical and non medical team of individuals
· Willingness to travel as required by the business to cover at alternate ACs for absence
· Experience of a similar role within the healthcare field is desirable
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.