Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. Worldline delivers new generation services, enabling its customers to offer smooth and innovative solutions to the end consumer. Key actor for B2B2C industries in 20 countries, with over 40 years of experience, Worldline supports and contributes to the success of all businesses and administrative services in a perpetually evolving market.
Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model built around a global and growing portfolio, thus enabling end-to-end support. Worldline activities are organized around three axes: Merchant Services & Terminals, Mobility & e-Transactional Services, Financial Processing & Software Licensing. Worldline employs more than 8,600 people worldwide and generated 1.22 billion euros revenues in 2015. Worldline is an Atos company.
CAD Designer – Digital Self Service
Digital Self Service is the leading supplier of self-service kiosks to the UK rail and hotel industries. We design, manufacture, deploy and support thousands of public use Self Service Terminals
These machines are deployed in various environments and locations that range from friendly (e.g. inside luxury hotels) to hostile (unmanned remote railway stations open to weather and vandalism). The machines return average availability figures that exceed 99% in any given period measured against 24x7 operations.
In addition Digital Self Service, a highly innovative team, is now delivering a new range of products & concepts targeting Digital Signage.
The CAD Designer will report directly to the Design Manager and will be responsible for producing concepts visuals, and for designing and creating the necessary CAD data to enable parts to be manufactured.
CAD Designer Responsibilities
· Work as part of a team to create CAD data for prototype and production parts as part of the Design Process
· Responsible for component design, selection of materials and working with teams to ensure design for manufacture, support, ergonomics, compliance
· Work with design team to create time and cost estimate
· During the presales/bid phase of projects assists with rendering and branding concept visuals, and assists with the overall creation of Bid Material
· Works for themselves and the company to expand and further knowledge in design of products.
· Competent in their field, ensuring best practices are followed. Designs are developed with consideration to compliance and ergonomics requirements
· Competent in their field, they can represent their company in meetings with suppliers to further the design development of the project.
· Works with a general directive. Is responsible for the work done and the decisions made. Understands and works towards fulfilling personal objectives.
· Provides advice and orientation with regard to the subject of their speciality.
· Carries out a wide range of tasks within varied types of design projects.
· Adopts a structured, efficient approach to their own work (following Design Process) Is capable of, shows, good command of the methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards that are applicable to their field of expertise, and making the right choices.Is capable of communicating efficiently, orally and in writing with colleagues and suppliers.
· Has basic knowledge of other fields than their own specialization and understands how their own role is linked to others within the company.
· Takes initiatives to maintain their skills and knowledge of the changes in their field.
· Reads project specifications/design briefs, or expressions of needs.
· Participates in the writing of requirement summaries.
· Particpates in the questioning of customers to understand or refine the understanding of needs.
· Participates in the competitive analyses to determine the right design approach for positioning of the project.
· Draws up concept visuals to demonstrate our offering to meet customer requirements.
· Participates in the assessment of the hardware design tasks (i.e. analysis or brief, design, evaluation,
monitoring and coordination of the other factors involved in the execution of hardware design tasks)
· Participates in the scheduling of hardware design deliverables in collaboration with the teams in charge of the bid.
· Participates in the creation of the design brief for hardware design service propositions.
· Is involved with creation of documents that help promote hardware design services.
· Available to assist presentations of the proposition of design tasks during presales meetings (e.g., presentation, competitive dialogue, workshops, etc.)
· Participates in the analysis, design and evaluation tasks that are part of the company's portfolio of services in collaboration with the customer's teams, the company's Business Unit which the project comes from and the other people working on the product development (e.g., ergonomists, project managers)
· Participates in the tasks prior to the design development using methods such as, creative brief questionnaires.
· Carries out or helps carry out user tests by providing models and prototypes.
· Makes sure that the all relevant standards inherent in their activity are complied with.
· Checks the verification the technical feasibility of the design propositions, in terms of manufacturing methods, materials etc
· Advises on design services and methodologies..
· Monitors the market of other hardware design providers.
· Monitors changes in the standards and makes sure the company take said changes into account.
· Raises the company's awareness of the benefits of hardware design services
· Shares hardware design expertise with the design team.
• Qualification in Product Design related degree, or relevant qualifications.
• Up to 3 years of experience in working in Hardware Design
• Speaks English fluently and has excellent written English
• Excellent command of 3D CAD software, preferably Solidworks
• Command of Adobe software suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
• Command of Microsoft Office pack
• A good communicator in English, writing and orally, so their deliverables are accessible and propositions attractive
• A good communicator in freehand sketching
• Ability to listen to others and even feel empathy for them, observation skills
• Methodology and rigorous attention to detail
• Autonomous. Mindful of reporting
• Curious and on the look-out for new technologies
• Written and interpersonal skills in English
• Ability to work in a team
• Diplomatic. Good negotiation skills
Why work at Worldline?
Our success comes from strong skills, new ideas, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent our Human Capital, they are also key players in our success. We make managing our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
But, at Worldline, we do more than just managing our talents. It is our top priority to involve them, inspire them, and develop them. In line with our guiding principle “Build your career and grow with us”, it is our mission to ensure that their potential can grow and flourish through the numerous development programs and career opportunities we offer.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.