Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. Worldline delivers new generation services, enabling its customers to offer smooth and innovative solutions to the end consumer. Key actor for B2B2C industries in 20 countries, with over 40 years of experience, Worldline supports and contributes to the success of all businesses and administrative services in a perpetually evolving market.
Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model built around a global and growing portfolio, thus enabling end-to-end support. Worldline activities are organized around three axes: Merchant Services & Terminals, Mobility & e-Transactional Services, Financial Processing & Software Licensing. Worldline employs more than 8,600 people worldwide and generated 1.22 billion euros revenues in 2015. Worldline is an Atos company.
Thisposition is based in Beeston, candidate would be expected to work form the office at least 2-3 days per week.
Responsibilities of the role:
· Takes ownership of requirements gathering process, collaborate to propose solutions and guide their implementation through development and commissioning phases
· Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques and to develop specifications for Use Cases and the develop customer change requirement responses.
· Work closely with product owner and designers to evolve the proposition with new features, focussed on addressing customers’ needs and maximising customer value
· Works with clients/users to investigate operational requirements and problems, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in information systems, data management, processes/procedures, organisation and equipment. Ensures that account is taken of any potential safety-related aspects of work undertaken, using appropriate techniques, tools and methods.
· Working alone or as part of a team, analyses the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identifies available options for consideration.
· Elicit, analyse and model statements of requirements in order to be able to produce a full impact analysis across all areas of the business and our systems.
· Works with clients/users in specifying information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements. Consults with specialists in areas such as software engineering, data management, communications, and service delivery and takes account of their recommendations.
· Applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature.
· Define acceptance criteria and working with developers to meet the product requirement before verifying the change as production ready.
· Arranges, prepares and conducts meetings, workshops and presentations for a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating consistently high qualities of communication and persuasive skills.
Competencies and soft skills required for the role:
· Client Focus
· Delivery Focus
· Knowledge and Expertise
Transferable skills and experience suitable for this opening:
· Has achieved proficiency in the Role of Business Analysis - Level 3, OR: Has gained substantial business experience, including some management or professional responsibility, and has received training in business analysis methods and techniques.
· Has excellent interpersonal skills and is fully experienced at dealing with clients/users. Is knowledgeable about alternative software engineering life cycles for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems. Possesses a broad understanding of business and business functions, and understands the significance of commercial constraints.
· Has a good understanding of ICT concepts and practice, especially those relevant to the Internet in general and the World-Wide-Web in particular. Is able to deal with clients/users. Shows evidence of leadership skills
· An understanding of railway systems and in particular rail ticketing systems.
· Conceptual Thinking - Acquiring understanding of the underlying issues in complex problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences.
· Information Acquisition - Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
· Commercial Orientation - Keeping commercial aspects continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
· Interacting with People - Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
· Proficient in Business Analysis Techniques - Techniques which help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation. Examples: functional business models, statistical process control, relational data modelling, use case.
· Proficient in Information Modelling Tools - Tools and techniques (manual or automated) which can be used to document an understanding of the structure, relationships and use of information within an organisation. Examples: information usage model, entity model, class diagram, relational data model, data flow model.
Other Knowledge and Skills:
· Proficient in Information Capture Techniques - The selection and application of information gathering methods, tools and techniques which are appropriate to the information required and the sources available. Examples: contextual enquiries, focus groups, structured interviews, questionnaires, observation, statistical analysis.
· Proficient in Business Characteristics - The functional structure of businesses and other organisations; their mission, objectives, strategies and critical success factors.
· Proficient in Presentation Techniques - Methods and techniques for delivering effective presentations.
· Familiar with Business Proposals - Methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases, invitations to tender and statements of requirements both orally and in writing.
Broad skills categories applicable to the role:
· Graphic Interface Design
· Information Analysis
· Business analysis
Why work at Worldline?
Our success comes from strong skills, new ideas, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent our Human Capital, they are also key players in our success. We make managing our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
But, at Worldline, we do more than just managing our talents. It is our top priority to involve them, inspire them, and develop them. In line with our guiding principle “Build your career and grow with us”, it is our mission to ensure that their potential can grow and flourish through the numerous development programs and career opportunities we offer.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.