Application Developer (VB.NET or Java)
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payment and transactional services industry. With innovation at the core of its DNA, Worldline’s core offerings include pan-European and domestic Commercial Acquiring for physical or online businesses, secured payment transaction processing for banks and financial institutions, as well as transactional services in e-Ticketing and for local and central public agencies. Thanks to a presence in 30+ countries, Worldline is the payment partner of choice for merchants, banks, public transport operators, government agencies and industrial companies, delivering cutting-edge digital services. Worldline’s activities are organized around three axes: Merchant Services, Financial Services including equensWorldline and Mobility & e-Transactional Services. Worldline employs circa 11,000 people worldwide, with estimated pro forma revenue of circa 2.3 billion euros on a yearly basis. Worldline is an Atos company. worldline.com
Worldline manage a portfolio of products which are used extensively in railway companies across the UK to manage their operational business. The portfolio covers Train & Resource Planning, Traincrew Rostering & Management, On the Day Operations and Mobility.
Within the group, we operate a number of sprint teams, building and enhancing the portfolio to meet the emerging demands of the industry. We are seeking an experienced developer to join our Traincrew Rostering & Management team, working with customers as part of a sprint team, to deliver support to the complex processes of managing operational traincrew.
The successful candidate will join a team of 50 developers, working across the portfolio, based in Darlington, and in our back office in Pune, India. The candidate will work in a sprint team of 6-8 people, and be responsible for technical design, development and testing as required within the sprint. Traincrew management is a critical area for the rail industry, with a key focus on reducing train delay caused by traincrew problems, and so the possibility exists to be innovative in application of optimisation and analytics techniques to support the development of increasingly intelligent software to meet these challenges.
· Work as part of an Agile team, on all aspects of the lifecycle, from analysis, design, code and test, developing existing applications as per the Rail Operations Release Management process with a minimum of 2 releases per year for the Product Suite Rail (PSR) products. Applications are enhanced, eitherin response specific new requirements frominternal or external customers or as a result of internal investment on our products
· Develop solutions in line with Rail Operations processes and standards
· Use of agile tooling
· Attendance at workshops and meetings with customers - either on customer sites or at a Worldline office
· Involved in presentations to customers
· Will work with onshore and offshore colleagues
· Undertake the following: requirements analysis, estimating work packages to facilitate the production of customer quotations, the production of design specifications, liaising and management of remote resources, testing and liaising with our independent testing tea
· Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
· Coach and mentor graduates and apprentices as required
Knowledge and skills required:
· Demonstrable working knowledge of VB and / or Java. For Java candidates, some basic level of VB knowledge is required.
· The candidate will have an interest in technical innovation, with some knowledge of data analytics or optimisation techniques.
· A good background in software development, with experience of working in an Agile development team is essential.
· Experience of working with Oracle or MySQL is preferred
· Experience of code or test automation tools (nUnit, jUnit, Sonar etc) would be preferred
· Knowledge of the UK Rail Industry would be an advantage but training and support can be provided
Why work at Worldline?
Our success comes from strong skills, new ideas, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent our Human Capital, they are also key players in our success. We make managing our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
At Worldline, we do more than just managing our talents. It is our top priority to involve them, inspire them, and develop them. In line with our guiding principle “Build your career and grow with us”, it is our mission to ensure that their potential can grow and flourish through the numerous development programs and career opportunities we offer.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Worldline is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Our recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.