Description de l'offre
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. Worldline delivers new generation services, enabling its customers to offer smooth and innovative solutions to the end consumer. Key actor for B2B2C industries in 20 countries, with over 40 years of experience, Worldline supports and contributes to the success of all businesses and administrative services in a perpetually evolving market.
Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model built around a global and growing portfolio, thus enabling end-to-end support. Worldline activities are organized around three axes: Merchant Services & Terminals, Mobility & e-Transactional Services, Financial Processing & Software Licensing. Worldline employs more than 8,600 people worldwide and generated 1.22 billion euros revenues in 2015. Worldline is an Atos company.
This is a position that is based in Darlington. Flexibility to work from home occasionally could be offered to candidates once they gain more experience in the role.
The successful candidate will be trained to:
· Develop and support new and existing desktop and web applications or apps as per the Rail Operations Release Management process with a minimum of two releases per year for the product, delivering new and enhanced functionality to UK Rail Industry customers in line with strategic direction of both customers and Worldline
· Work in small development teams, delivering software using Agile techniques to deliver quality quickly to customers
· Carry out technical support of applications, working on code fixes and minor enhancements and interacting with customers as appropriate to resolve issues
· Liaison with external and internal stakeholders (customers, test teams etc) as relevant, depending on the nature of the work being undertaken
· Full adherence to industry recognised practices and standards in accordance with Worldline and Rail policies (Quality, Safety etc.)Develop existing applications as per the Rail Operations Release Management process with a minimum of 2 releases per year for the Product Suite Rail (PSR) products. Applications are enhanced either in response to customer demand or our internal technical product roadmap.
· Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
· Additionally, as skills develop, the role-holder will be trained to undertake the following: requirements analysis, estimating work packages to facilitate the production of customer quotations, the production of design specifications, liaising and management of remote resources, testing and liaising with our independent testing team
Competencies and soft skills required for the role:
· Client Focus
· Delivery Focus
· Team working
Transferable skills and experience suitable for this opening:
· Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning new technologies – in the field of mobile apps in particular, the technology adapts and evolves rapidly
· Demonstrate aptitude for software development
· Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and self-development
· Good verbal & written communication skills
· Strong analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
· Able to work in an adaptable and flexible manner – customer requirements can change quickly, and multiple developments are on the go at the same time.
· Motivated in completion of their own work, whilst being a strong team member
· Communicative individual with an enthusiasm to develop their career
· Demonstrate a commitment to supporting the principles of Great Place to Work – promoting Trust (in management) , Pride (in work) & Respect (for colleagues)
Broad skills categories applicable to the role:
· Software Engineering
· Graphic Interface Design
Valued Personal Motivators and Drivers:
· Challenge - to work on challenging/stimulating work projects
· Learning - improving personal skills, knowledge and expertise
· Social - working as part of a team or closely with others
· Change - being able to work on many new tasks or projects
· Demonstrable experience of coding with Java or VB.net
· Experience of working with relational databases, i.e. Oracle or MySQL
· Experience of working in an agile/scrum environment
One of more of the following would be an advantage:
· A computing science, software engineering-related, or similar degree of 2:1 or higher
· Knowledge of the UK Rail Industry management
· ITIL awareness
· Able to create and run SQL
· Existing software development capability
· Suitable qualifications that indicate aptitude (e.g. Maths or IT GCSEs, A Levels or equivalent)
· Experience of databases MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
· Experience of object oriented programming languages (C# VB, Java or similar)
· Experience of web service technologies (WCF or similar)
· Experience of application server technology (IIS, Apache Tomcat or similar
· Full technical training will be provided to suitable candidates who do not have previous development experience
· Knowledge of the UK Rail Industry would be an advantage but training and support will be provided
Why work at Worldline?
Our success comes from strong skills, new ideas, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent our Human Capital, they are also key players in our success. We make managing our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
But, at Worldline, we do more than just managing our talents. It is our top priority to involve them, inspire them, and develop them. In line with our guiding principle “Build your career and grow with us”, it is our mission to ensure that their potential can grow and flourish through the numerous development programs and career opportunities we offer.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.