Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 120,000 employees in 73countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
In today’s digital world, the place where technology and business come together is the platform. The Business & Platform Solutions Division (B&PS) works with its clients to enable them to make the best out of their digital transformation. We support clients in their migration from classical application or infrastructure environment into the digital world. The scale of the changes brought by digitalization across all industries is radically reshaping the way our customers consume technology and services. Our customers are shifting their priorities and budgets to support digital initiatives and implement various technologies. B&PS is to be the partner of choice and trusted advisor of Atos clients to address these objectives.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
· As the Applications Architect you will be a client facing member of the solutions team and is responsible for helping shape client requirements and identifying innovative and bold solutions to meet their business need, alignment of client business requirements with relevant Atos portfolio offerings, and where there are gaps or opportunities, to create new innovative solutions.
· Analyses customer business needs for own areas of expertise and uses industry practices to develop most optimal solution for clients
· Leads development of systems architectures for complex systems or an entire corporate suite of systems. Takes full responsibility end to end for overall system design
· You will work closely with counterparts in other Atos practices across infrastructure, applications and other areas, to define and deliver solutions at scale in areas of Application Support & Maintenance, Integration, SAP, Cloud Services, Digital Transformation, Testing, Big Data and Digital Workplace.
· Assures specification and design work in own area of expertise
· You take responsibility for the application strategy and methods used in implementing a systems architecture in a significant Atos account.
· Provides technical leadership to assist in growing the Atos business and underpinning effective support and delivery of solutions
· Takes an active role in the development of other staff and is a role model for technical and engineering staff
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a rich combination of experience, validated skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you’re the person we’re looking for. You will be based in Belfast with the ability to travel to other clients/Atos locations as required.
Skills we can’t do without:
· Experience in a relevant Applications, systems or software architect position and overall background in IT
· As well as having a breadth of technical knowledge, you also be able to demonstrate experience of shaping solutions from a commercial and service and security perspective
· Experience and understanding of Software development processes and methodologies
· Experience translating business and feature requirements into technical specifications
· Experience communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical partners
· Experience building effective relationships with a wide range of technical peers
· Experience across the full lifecycle of delivery from sales through projects and service delivery. Comfortable providing advice, guidance and technical leadership at any stage from concept to service.
· You will show leadership and extensive functional and technical expertise in planning, designing and implementing complex application solutions and has, as such, an in-depth knowledge of various Microsoft .net and /or open source based and/or cloud native products and technologies
· Work across any application product, deploying their core skills in application architecture even to scenarios where they are not an expert in any particular product.
· Should be comfortable in a continuous learning environment.
· Is knowledgeable about the concepts of Application Lifecycle Management and can expertly and effectively apply them in practice
· Business fluent in English, both verbal and written
· Expertise in at least one of Software, Systems or Data Architecture specialty, Generalist experience with a balance across multiple service or technology areas
Skills we’d like:
· A Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Management, or similar level of education
· TOGAF or BCS ISEB Architecture Certification is desirable
· Excellent consulting and presentation skills
· Track record in supporting Digital transformation for clients
· Support the solution team, or sales team with winning propositions, including:
· Writing proposal elements as required
· Development of costings and models to see opportunities to meet client business cases
· Development and delivery of presentations to clients and internal teams
· Good understanding of finances/commercial elements of solutions
· Familiar in both local and offshore delivery
· Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendation
· Contribute to technical risk management and mitigation of risks in large projects, solutions and services
· Experience of working within Large Government Departments/Agencies or Large company environments
Compensation and Benefits
A great incentive to join the Atos team is the market competitive range of benefits that the Company provides. These include a competitive salary, as well as a number of core benefits, such as; 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; private medical insurance, which all new starters will be automatically opted into; an attractive stakeholder pension scheme, with employer contributions of up to 10% basic salary; Life Assurance; Income Protection; Personal Accident Insurance; and Season Ticket Loan. In addition to this Atos operates a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to purchase discounted products and services. Additionally, comprehensive training and development are delivered in a variety of ways, leading to accreditation if required.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.