Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
As a Big Data Architect you will be working on a range of highly important projects for clients worldwide, mainly focused on mixed Cloud solutions, on premises solutions and Hadoop ecosystem. These include automation of operations and managing the deployment of the platform, guide platform architecture, ensuring flexibility and scalability.
Are you ready for this kind of challenge?
With Atos, you will :
· Getting acquainted with all the different Big Data solutions all around the world
· Working primarily with Cloud technologies such as Google, Azure or AWS
· Working closely with a variety of external and internal vendors
· Designing, building, implementing and maintaining the best solutions in BIG Data environments
· Developing automation of the processes
· Leading and being an active member of the engineering DevOps team collaborating with international and prestigious customers
· Participation in R&D projects related to Cloud computing and Big Data
· Suggesting new standards and solutions for providing high quality of delivered services
· Tracking trends and latest issues related to the domain of conducted projects
· Creating technical documentation
· Supporting deployments, customizations, upgrades and monitoring via DevOps tools
Skills we can't do without:
· 3 years of experience in Linux/Unix systems including installation, configuration, networking, backups, updates and patching;
· Familiarity with Big Data platform solutions, to include the following: Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Spark
· A very strong Java, SQL background and experience but capability of thinking in terms of networks rather than tables
· Knowledge of cloud solutions (i.e. Amazon, Google, Azure, Oracle)
· Knowledge of different monitoring systems (i.e. Nagios) and different automation tools
· Knowledge of Spark streaming, Kafka, Nifi, Flume, ZooKeeper, Hive, Hawq, Cassandra, Impala
· Enterprise Application and information integration
· Hadoop Hortonworks Certification is a plus
· Passion for technology & understanding how things work.
· Ability to work occasional weekends and varied schedule. (e.g. during go-live).
Skills we believe are nice to have:
· Inspiring, motivating and positive attitude
· Has a positive mind-set who demonstrates a can-do-attitude
· Ability to communicate efficiently both verbally and in writing
· Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
· Readiness to work with Big Data (processing of terabytes of data reliably in daily manner) and Fast data (processing tenth/hundreds thousands of events per second in cluster/cloud environment)
· Very Good English languages skills (minimum B2 level)
· Knowledge of VMware/Microsoft system administration
· Knowledge of Anisble, PostgreSQL
· Familiarity with languages (especially Scala, Python, R)
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.