Location: Cambridge, UK
This is a wonderful opportunity for a pro-active, detail-orientated student who wants to work on ground-breaking digital technology for the world’s leading semiconductor IP company. If technology excites you, and you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a detail-orientated and pro-active approach, you could be the candidate that we are seeking to join our Cambridge-based team of technical authors in ARM’s Architecture Information Group.
What will I be accountable for?
· Creating and maintaining, under supervision, technical content in collaboration with ARM architects and other team members.
· Obtaining source information from personal investigations, internal project documentation, and interviews with subject matter experts.
· Ensuring that the technical content meets the requirements of the end users.
· Tracking and reporting on the progress of the technical content lifecycle.
· Writing structured content that maximises comprehension and ease of use without the loss of precision.
· Incorporating review comments.
· Ensuring that technical content follows corporate standards.
· Ensuring that technical content production follows current processes and policies.
ARM® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners, who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property, since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers, and engineers. This ensures a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies and their products.
With offices around the world, ARM is a varied community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all employees can grow and succeed, we encourage all ARM employees to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
The Architecture Information Group is part of the ARM Architecture and Technology Group, which is responsible for developing the ARM architecture and associated technologies for ARM’s roadmap. The work of the group is fundamental to ARM’s success, providing the key documentation associated with processor and related infrastructure design. This includes the information needed for compliant software development, debug and trace support, and other aspects of the ARM ecosystem. The scope applies across a broad spectrum of product areas from the smallest microcontrollers to high-performance computing.
You will be working alongside members of the team from a variety of backgrounds, technical and non-technical, from graduates to experienced Information Developers.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
· Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others.
· Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust.
· Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas.
· Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward.
· Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback.
· Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development.
· Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results.
· Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues.
· Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency.
· Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude.
· Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners.
· Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
To be considered for this position you should be studying a relevant degree course in one of the following fields:
· Computer Science.
· Comparative Linguistics.
· Electrical Engineering.
Essential skills and experience that we are looking for include:
· Curiosity about technology, and a willingness to learn about ARM’s products.
· Excellent knowledge of the English language.
· Good communication skills.
· Demonstrable organisational and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent customer focus and result orientation.
· Self-starter and able to work from own initiative.
· Confident with metrics and good numeracy skills, problem solving ability.
· The ability to learn and adapt.
· Demonstrable interest in maintaining rigor and precision while producing and editing highly-specialized material.
It is a bonus if you also have knowledge of one or more of the following:
· Embedded electronics.
· Microprocessors, at an architectural level.
· A programming or scripting language.
· HTML or XML.
What’s in it for you?
As an intern at ARM, you will work on projects that have real impact, while also building on key skills for your future studies and employment. We believe in developing talent for the future, and therefore aim to offer many of our interns a graduate position once they have finished their studies.
Working on interesting new projects is exciting but we also know how important it is to receive support. That’s why you will have regular 1 to 1 meetings with your line manager who will be able to offer ongoing support, feedback, and development opportunities. You will be given a certain amount of flexibility and freedom in how you decide to complete your project tasks.
ARM offers a competitive salary, and there are also opportunities to get involved in some of the many social events that are organised within ARM.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working at ARM, click Apply Now .
ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital/ telephone interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to a selection day/ onsite interview. We'll be holding selection days every month where you will have the opportunity to learn more about ARM and meet our teams in person.
Expected start date is June 2017 but, in some cases, we can consider an earlier/later start date.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.