- Software Engineering Internship, C++, Summer 2017, May – August 2017
- Los Angeles (United States)
2017 Software Engineering InternJob Description
Location: Cambridge, UK
Duration: 6-12 months
About the role:
We’re looking for enthusiastic students to join our leading edge web team at ARM.
The Digital Hub group are responsible for delivery of ARMs Digital platform and web vision for the future. Our websites, platforms and tools help to support developers in building our next generation of ARM-powered products.
In this exciting role you will be part of an Agile team, gaining exposure to the full development lifecycle, and be involved with designing, developing, testing and implementing solutions. The team most recently redesigned arm.com and are continuing to build the developer.arm.com web site. Most projects you will work on will be of high value and usually be customer facing.
You receive support, training and mentoring from experienced engineers across multiple disciplines throughout your internship.
This will be an opportunity for you to learn concepts of a development operations team in a professional environment, and help build key skills for your future studies and employment.
Your qualifications and skills:
· Studying towards a degree in Computer Science or similar
· Good knowledge of one or more of the following: Java, C#, Python or Ruby
· Knowledge of Object Oriented design concepts
· Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
· Ability to communicate ideas both written and verbally
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
How to Apply
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’.
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
What does ARM’s recruitment process involve for Early Careers?
ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital/ telephone interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to a selection day/ onsite interview. We'll be holding selection days every month where you will have the opportunity to learn more about ARM and meet our teams in person.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
- Software Engineering Internship in Simulation & Equipment, Immediate Start - August 2017
- Auburn Hills (United States)